Welkom op het GitaarNet.
+ Reageren op discussie
Pagina 5 van 16 EersteEerste ... 3456715 ... LaatsteLaatste
Weergegeven resultaten: 41 t/m 50 van 154

Discussie: Boss MS-3

Standaard

1 kabeltje tussen m'n wah en de MS-3 en klaar; de rest is allemaal digitaal.

Standaard

Vertel! Wat is er gaaf?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    te koop: Orange 2x12 cab (PPC212OB) met 2x Creambacks (G12M-65) speakers. PM mij voor meer info

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door the sure thing Bekijk bericht
    Vertel! Wat is er gaaf?
    Kom op nou, hij heeft het apparaat net binnen ;-) Laat hem eerst even genieten en over enkele weken vragen we wat hij er nu werkelijk van vind. Als ik iets nieuws binnen krijg ben lk de eerste dagen meestal ook in de wolken :-)

Standaard

Na wat tweaken klinkt de Dst+ in de MS-3 exact hetzelfde als mijn geliefde Coron Distortion 15! Alleen dan heb ik 6 parameters tot mijn beschikking ipv 2 ...

Ik ga nog moeite krijgen die drie loops te vullen

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door HaroldA Bekijk bericht
    Na wat tweaken klinkt de Dst+ in de MS-3 exact hetzelfde als mijn geliefde Coron Distortion 15! Alleen dan heb ik 6 parameters tot mijn beschikking ipv 2 ...

Ik ga nog moeite krijgen die drie loops te vullen
    Misschien ga ik toch mijn D15 in een loop stoppen, want dan kan ik die FX weer gebruiken voor een ander effect. Dus niet omdat het nodig is, maar omdat het handig is.

Standaard

Reviewtje in het Engelands ...

I finally have my "old fashioned" board at home, so it's shoot out time!

Drive
    I already swapped the internal Dst+ for the external Distortion 15, so that's a tie between the 2 knob clone and the original I cloned

Octaver
    MicroPOG vs Overtone. While I thought the Overtone was pretty cool sounding, this one goes to the MicroPOG with hands down. Once I could A/B between them, you instantly hear the latency and hollow sound of the Overtone and the lack of clarity, even with the tone at 50. The overtone does do a more convincing "organ" sound and the detune is nice too, but the MicroPOG just sounds better, less squashed/more defined and most important: way less latency.

Delay
    The Analog delay sounds exactly like my 3 knob Deep Blue Delay. But ... since there are no spill-overs between the patches, I'll have to put the DBD in a loop, so this one is for the DBD too.

Phaser
    The 4 stage phaser can sound similar to the best phaser ever made (read: Ross Phaser), but the MS-3 has more parameters. Win for the MS-3 here!

Compressor
    The Coron Compressor 20 (modded Ibanez CP830 clone) is mainly used to push the phaser, and add a slight drive to my clean signal. The D-Comp of the MS-3 is quite up to par, but with more parameters. Win for the MS-3!

Boost
    My 1 knob EP Booster clone can be cloned in various ways on the Boss. While the EP is nice and simple, the Boss wins in parameters, but loses in terms of complexity. A tie because of that.

Noise Gate
    There's an iSP Decimator G-String clone mounted underneath the Pedal Train, which has one knob. The Boss has a great noise gate with more parameters. Again, the one knob has never failed me, so this is also a tie.

Tuner
    The Turbo Tuner wins without any contest.

Conclusions ...
    The score is 3 to 2 for the traditional board/effects. This means that the three loops of the MS-3 will be filled with the MicroPOG, D15 and the Deep Blue Delay. I'll have another shout-out between the internal drives and my beloved D15 to maybe free up one loop.

The (modded) Maverick Wah will be up front. That one has a buffered bypass, so it will provide enough signal to be split into the MS-3 and the Turbo Tuner.

I had really high hopes for the MS-3, but this shout-out with my carefully selected effects shows that it's by far no holy grail for me. Combine that with the 27ms switching delay without delay spill-over, and I might just be tempted to return the MS-3 and stick with my traditional board.

The MS-3 however provides me with lots of extra effects I didn't use before ...

Let's ponder on this for a few days

PS: I did a similar shoot-out between my board and the Nova System, and NS scored 0 wins

Standaard

Detailed and honest review, thanks for sharing!

Standaard

Ja, zo test je dingen, goed werk.
    Eigenlijk 4-2 voor de traditional want blijkbaar had je al geconcludeerd dat de MS3 drive het niet bij kon houden?

Ik zou verwachten de de MS3 kan uitpakken in de delay en reverb omdat er dan digitaal vs digitaal getest wordt. En ik geloof ook wel dat men de Boss pedaaltjes redelijk in de drive sectie kan behappen maar dat de MS3 flink onderuit gaat wanneer je vrij gecompliceerde drives als de OCD of Lazy J probeert te benaderen.
    Die Hard is geen Kerstfilm!

Standaard

Delay en reverb hebben geen spill over van patch naar patch, dus in theorie onbruikbaar.

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door HaroldA Bekijk bericht
    Delay en reverb hebben geen spill over van patch naar patch, dus in theorie onbruikbaar.
    Gebruik jij in jouw muziekstijl reverb?
    Ik speel een pak minder lompe muziek dan jij, en heb nog nooit reverb gebruikt. Ja, thuis, een echo'tje, als ik weer eens probeer om Hank Marvin te imiteren of zo, maar verder...

Favorieten/bladwijzers

Favorieten/bladwijzers

Regels voor berichten