Welkom op het GitaarNet.
Discussie gesloten
Pagina 1 van 9 123 ... LaatsteLaatste
Weergegeven resultaten: 1 t/m 10 van 90

Standaard Shops in Amsterdam that do fretworks for less than DirkW/DM

DirkWitte charges 120, Dijkman 130. Hell in the US a standard fret dress is at the most 80 dollars!
    Do you guys know of any shop here (amsterdam/Amstelveen) that does it for less and still does a great job? 120 is what it'd cost me to get a new neck similar to the one I have now but with good frets.

Standaard

Je kunt het ook in de VS laten doen natuurlijk. Zoniet, dan wen er maar aan dat niet alles overal even duur is
    LTD MH-1000NT > Maxon OD-808 > EVH 5150 Mini > Bogner 2x12 OS

Standaard

Ik spreek geen nederlands, sorry hoor :P Ik kan niet begrijp wat je hebt gezecht.

I hope that was correct? Anyhoo, I just didn't understnad what you wrote, sorry man ops:

Standaard

That wasn't all that bad tbh

I said:

You do have the choice to have it done in the US if it's cheaper. If you don't, you might want to get used to the prices for guitar repair and such in this country. I mean I would also like gasoline to be the same price as in the US, but that isn't happening either :P

Standaard

Haha true!
    I see what you mean. But to me, 120 euros is too expensive EVEN for Europe. I mean I got it done for 20 pounds in Edinburgh. I thought that surely those shops were just more expensive and that most others are cheaper.
    Meh

Blog Entries

Standaard

I had mine done for a countervalue of eur 75 with Piet Visser in Egmond but this was already some years ago

now I rather buy a new neck with current prices

what type of neck is it?

Standaard

I don't want to ruin your party, but the very negative side to our coin being of such high value compared to the dollar, is that we all have to pay more for products. (which sounds a bit weird, since that would usually be the case with severe inflation, but then again our government is weird) Everything related to guitars in the US and UK seems to always be somewhat cheaper than it is over here. You could try your luck in Germany if you can find a good Guitar doc there, if not I doubt you would find an equally skilled tech for a smaller price over here.

Btw cross-posting in different forums is not done here

Standaard

I think Piet Visser will be cheaper than the Amsterdam shops.
    Don't know how much....
    Anyway: he's a good guitar builder...maybe you should call him...

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door Raffel
    I don't want to ruin your party, but the very negative side to our coin being of such high value compared to the dollar, is that we all have to pay more for products. (which sounds a bit weird, since that would usually be the case with severe inflation, but then again our government is weird) Everything related to guitars in the US and UK seems to always be somewhat cheaper than it is over here. You could try your luck in Germany if you can find a good Guitar doc there, if not I doubt you would find an equally skilled tech for a smaller price over here.

Btw cross-posting in different forums is not done here
    We're not talking about a product here, for which the above is absolutely true.

But fret-dressing is mainly labour, so the exchange rate from dollar to euro does not play a very important role here. It's more about the fact that labour is quite expensive here and competition is low.

I'm not sure of what he charges now, but if I remember correctly a fret dress would have cost me about € 75,- 2 years ago at the shop where I get my guitar-work done. But that's in Zwolle and again: I'm not sure what his rates are these days for this sort of thing.
    Turn it up • Bring the noise

Standaard

Yeah I apologize about the cross posting. On other forums you can sometimes delete your own thread and after I realised I posted it in the wrong place, well er, it was too late ops:
    Guitars are more expensive in the UK it seems. Since I live in both places, I had some time to compare and well to be honest, some stuff is, some isn't, but for guitars it usually is US>Thomann>shop Holland>shop UK>shop France.

Egmond... eh... I have no ways of getting around but for the bus (er... and bike :razz: ) so yeah... I'm a bit stuck.
    Enters Stew Mac and their refretting kit! Seems like I have some fun things left to do this summer
    Thanks for the input everyone
    By the way, I don't know about Dijkman much (or do I... well I do but I don't want to bad mouth) but DirkWitte is a real sweet shop, I didn't want to bash them or anything. I just don't know their tech and the price just seemed high.

Favorieten/bladwijzers

Favorieten/bladwijzers

Regels voor berichten