Welkom op het GitaarNet.
+ Reageren op discussie
Weergegeven resultaten: 1 t/m 9 van 9

Standaard Laney LC15 - boost voor metal?

I may be getting a Laney LC15 this summer. It'll be my first tube amp. I don't need anything bigger nor 2 channels really. I'll be playing a POD2.0 through it but I also want some tube goodness and I was wondering if some of you guys use this amp for high gain stuff. I've played one and the distortion was pretty fuzzy, this amp seriously has some great tones, for cheap, but I don't know if it'll do it properly for metal. If it doesn't it's not that bad as I have the POD, but I like pedals so it'd be nice to have one too :razz: I was thinking of the Seymour Duncan pickup booster, the MXR microamp, and I don't know any other boost so if you know any that'd work well with, suggest away! :-D
    So has anyone got experience with this amp for higher gain settings with a boost? Thanks for reading this.
    Sorry voor het engels maar mij Nederlands is niet goed genoeg voor deze vraag...

Standaard

i haven't tried it for high gain stuff really. But the old trick might work; put a tubescreamer or a boss superoverdrive in front, cut the drive and boost the volume...

Standaard

Yeah I think I'll try just this next time I go to try it. I tried the R version (with external cab connection + reverb) with a DOD overdrive and there just wasn't nearly as enough gain.

Standaard

The Scottish have invaded Amstelveen!! :-D
    Citaat Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door Vulvasonic
    Flikker op, zak hooi.

Standaard

Actually I'm French.

Worse eh?

Standaard

French?!? That sucks! :-D :-D :razz: (that's only because I can't speak french)
    Lakewood M1-CP, Brian Moore MC/1, Zelfbouw Strat
    MXR, T-rex, Ernie Ball
    Peavey Classic 50

Standaard

No worries, I can't speak Dutch :lol:
    I wish though I can't find a darn job in this place... Ah well...

I guess the other solution would be to use the Laney with an analog distortion pedal... For instance an Electro Harmonix Big Muff'N (though I'm affraid there won't be enough gain there) or a Damage Control Demonizer (mhmmmmm I want one of these). I'm affraid something like a DS1 or an MT2 (or any distortion pedal that are digital) would simply make having a tube amp pretty pointless.

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door Pierre
    Yeah I think I'll try just this next time I go to try it. I tried the R version (with external cab connection + reverb) with a DOD overdrive and there just wasn't nearly as enough gain.
    Where did you try it?

And, maybe a (high-gain) tube-preamp? Koch/Hughes&Kettner/Engl/etcetera?

Standaard

I tried it at the Sound Shop in Amstelveen.

The problem is that the LC15 is the cheapest tube amp around and most high gain tube amps are at least 600 euros (Randall GT50 or something... too generic) and they're bigger than 15 watts. I'm not planning in playing in a band, just my room, but I want good tone and that amp was pretty darn good
    Tube preamps would be more expensive than the amp itself, but I guess it's not a bad idea at all. An analog or tube pedal would do the same though wouldn' it?

Favorieten/bladwijzers

Favorieten/bladwijzers

Regels voor berichten