Welkom op het GitaarNet.
+ Reageren op discussie
Pagina 1 van 2 12 LaatsteLaatste
Weergegeven resultaten: 1 t/m 10 van 18

Standaard StewMax hot rod truss rod probleem

Ik probeer net de trussrod van een hals, waar ik mee bezig ben, aan te draaien. Ik hoor een soort van TIK, en voel dat de truss rod dol draait. Ik trek de imbussleutel eruit, met dit als gevolg:

Het deel waar de imbussleutel ingaat, is compleet van de trussrod af. Dit gebeurde na misschien nét iets meer dan een kwart slag :S

Is de hals te redden?

Mijn eerste idee was: een drupje loctite erin, en weer proberen vast te zetten op het schroefdraad van de trussrod.

Andere ideeen zijn welkom!
    Laatst gewijzigd door DaanW; 5 oktober 2016 om 00:20

Standaard

Als het een hot rod is, dan zou je theoretisch de trussrod eruit moeten kunnen trekken. Ik heb het zelf nooit geprobeerd, dus alvorens te beginnen ff andere reacties afwachten ☺

Standaard

Waarschijnlijk een 4 mm Allen Nut Hot Rod?

Volgende keer de reviews doornemen. Of er jouw slechte ervaring aan toevoegen, gaan ze die rotdingen misschien toch eens uit handel nemen?

It Broke Again!

By Nicholas from New York, NY
    (Customer's Reviews)Tuesday, February 24, 2015

OK - I had one of these break with the nut shearing off the rod while doing final set-up on the last guitar I built. StewMac was great about sending me a repair kit and they assured me that this issue was not unprecedented, but very rare. I like the design so I decided to take my chances and use one of these again.

Shame on me...The exact same failure happened again!! Looking at a my experience plus a couple of recent reviews with the exact same problem it looks like there was a bad batch from the manufacturer or something.

Stewmac has good stuff and I'll continue using them for a lot of other parts and tools, but I strongly advise that you do not buy this truss rod.

broke!

By BigK from Dayton, OH
    (Customer's Reviews)Thursday, October 16, 2014

Like the reviewer from NY, I was just about done with an acoustic guitar I am building for a customer, and the nut broke off of this truss rod while making adjustments. Very disappointing. Building a neck from scratch is a LOT of work, and for this to happen right at the end is very painful. I called StewMac and am hoping they have a solution that keeps me from scrapping this otherwise beautiful neck.

It Broke!

(Customer's Reviews)Thursday, August 28, 2014

Used this product on my first build and it was easy enough to install after I rounded the edges of the metal blocks, but when I finally got near completion and string up the guitar to set the action, the threaded bolt sheared off about 1/4" from the nut. Not a case of excessive force, I have set up guitars before. Extremely disappointing as my first build is now stuck with backbow on the neck unless I do major guitar surgery to extract the broken rod and put in a new one.

4mm allen head hot rod

By Purplecarrot instruments from Michigan
    (Customer's Reviews)Sunday, August 21, 2011

You'll likely need the special width router bit to get the exact slot width. I got close with two router passes of a 3/16" bit but it was a trick to set up. Got it installed and put the wrench in the socket just to loosen it up and the end broke off ! I'm quite disappointed and I can't return it now cuz it's stuck in the neck. Wary of trying this again, I prefer the old fashioned Gibson type for reliability.

fragile

By Adam Klein from Delran
    (Customer's Reviews)Saturday, October 18, 2014

the concept is a great one however i have sheered the nuts off of more than one of these. the metal is soft and what you would expect from a lower quality cast metal vs. a forged one. it would be nice to have a similar product with a detachable nut like the more traditional fender truss rods.

one out of 2 ain't bad :$

By Adam P. from Tasmania, Australia
    (Customer's Reviews)Monday, September 19, 2011

Just built my 2nd guitar using these truss rods, using a ball end allen wrench (as suggested on angle) has chewed the inside of the nut completely!! This metal in the nut must be really soft stuff, I barely got a 1/4 turn on my truss rod & an almost finished guitar is now screwed

It Broke (part II)

(Customer's Reviews)Friday, September 05, 2014

Ammendment to previous review, the product did break, but I got a call from Stewmac after I posted review with what sounds like a good fix for the problem and they're sending me the parts no charge, so despite having to do some extra work, I'm very happy with my customer experience.

A tough one to review

By Pacific North Coast Guitars from Washington USA
    (Customer's Reviews)Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Ive used lots of these rods of different lengths. They all work great and still do. But then on final setup of a maple/cocobolo neck with custom inlay work I used a 4mm Allen key and gave it a turn to bring it up to tension (since these are floating rods i.e. they don't glue to anything) and the head twisted right off. Of course StewMac's customer service was fantastic and they immediately shipped me a replacement with their apologies. I was able to get the broken rod out and put a new one in but I had to drill a hole in the heel of the custom neck. I guess the lesson I learned is to make sure they are functioning fully before you install them cause once they're in, they're a bear to get out. I pretty sure I just got a bad rod, which is bound to happen with any product. But I can't bring myself to give it a 5th star

Problema con esta truss rod

By Edguitars from Mexico
    (Customer's Reviews)Friday, August 05, 2016

He usado estas truss rods por 4 o 5 años, han funcionado de maravilla, instalé una en un bajo de 5 cuerdas y al momento de hacer los ajustes finales el cilindro donde encaja la llave allen se abrió. Trate de girar para que quede suelta y poder sacarla y ya no pude por lo que tuve que retirar el diapason para poder extraer el truss rod. El bajo era un proyecto nuevo de lauderia, no me explico que pudo haber pasado, tal ves el cilindro tenia una cuarteadura, afortunadamente el diapason salio intacto y pude cambiar el truss rod, recomiendo revisar los detalles de la tuerca antes de instalar porque el material es muy blando

Tee.
    Tee.

Te koop: Continental resonator cone, 9 1/2 inch. Nieuw.

Standaard

Het is inderdaad de 4mm versie. Heb SM al gemaild, en ga zeker een 1 ster review achterlaten.
    Heb net even de sterkste loctite besteld, kijken of ik daar wat mee kan redden.

Standaard

Ik zou 2k epoxy gebruiken ipv secondenlijm. Das sterker.

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door Napoje Bekijk bericht
    Ik zou 2k epoxy gebruiken ipv secondenlijm. Das sterker.

Ik heb loctite 2701 besteld:

-Voor maximale borging van bouten, moeren en schroeven
    -Aanbevolen voor permanente borging

Is geen secondenlijm

Standaard

Maar je wilt toch lijmen ipv schroefdraad borgen?

Dus waarom geen snellijm, zoals bijvoorbeeld loctite 435?

Loctite 2701 duurt 6 uur tot ie zijn functionele sterkte heeft.

Standaard

Als je 'm er echt goed passend op krijgt is secondelijm of loctite wellicht een oplossing. Mocht de breuk niet netjes zijn dan zou ik voor epoxy gaan, loctite en CA lijm (secondelijm) zijn meestal niet spleetvullend.

Probleem met goeie epoxies is dat ze vaak een lange droogtijd hebben waarin het spul intern kan gaan druppelen en je je trussrod vast epoxied aan de gitaar. Als het kan de binnenkant van het kanaal (voor zover je erbij kan) omlijnen met plastic tape voordat je met lijmen aan de gang gaat.

De trussrod eruit trekken is ook een idee. Maar als je kanaal een beetje krap is kan dat nog veel gezeik opleveren, zeker omdat aan het einde zo'n groot blok zit. Als je de trussrod er van bovenaf voor het lijmen van de toets erin hebt gelegd weet je wellicht niet of het grote eindblok overal genoeg speling heeft, dat is namelijk niet nodig om het geheel goed te laten passen.

Mijn twee centen.

Veel geluk!!! Wat een kl*tezooi.
    Gezocht: SD '59 Brug, SD Pearly Gates Brug, Tele Neck- Element
    Aangeboden: Sperzel Tuners 6 x 1 Chrome

Standaard

eruit halen is geen optie.

Het rare is.. er is totaal geen breuk zichtbaar. Ik zie niks aan het losgekomen deel. En als ik naar de trussrod kijk, zie ik ook niks raar:

"Loctite 2701 duurt 6 uur tot ie zijn functionele sterkte heeft. "

Is niet direct een probleem, ik kan er toch even niet mee verder / heb andere dingen die nog gedaan moeten worden

Standaard

Je zou kunnen proberen om aan de andere zijde van de hals een gat te maken en de halspen eruit te tikken.
    If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried. - Josh Homme
    http://www.gitaarnet.nl/forum/showth...plaatmateriaal
    http://www.gitaarnet.nl/forum/showth...-strat-achtige

Favorieten/bladwijzers

Favorieten/bladwijzers

Regels voor berichten