Welkom op het GitaarNet.
+ Reageren op discussie
Pagina 3 van 3 EersteEerste 123
Weergegeven resultaten: 21 t/m 23 van 23

Discussie: ¾ gitaar

Standaard

Een stukje uit een interview met Angus Young uit 1984:

(niet alles over formaat van handen, maar wel interessant, vind ik)

''- What kind of picks do you use?

- It varies. I recently got a bundle of Dean Markleys or something. I use Fender ones-heavy gauge. The thicker the better.

- How do you hold a pick?

- With me fingers [laughs]! I just hold it anywhere it fits-between my thumb, index, or middle fingers. Sometimes it slips, and then you're playing it with your thumb and pinky.

- Do you use all the fingers of your right hand?

- Yeah, it's all going at once.

- Does your vibrato come more from your fingers or wrist?

- Fingers more then anything. Sometimes I'll shake the neck a bit, because those necks get wobbly sometimes.

- How do you bend a string?

- I've only got a small hand so I use all my fingers to bend. I really push it with all my fingers backing it up.

- How far is your reach?

- Very small. When I sweat a lot, my fingers seem to go apart for miles. They'll stretch on their own once they get really loosened.

- Is most of your speed from your right or left hand?

- From my left hand. There's a lot I can do without picking.

- In concert you perform several solos with just the left hand.

- When I was smaller and wanted to learn to play, I thought maybe I'd toughen my left hand up. But then I found it was always easier just to use the two as much as possible. Don't think of technique or anything-just play. Some guys play chords with their thumb, some guys with their pinky. That's how I sort of learned for myself. I used to play with my thumb and make up me own sort of little chords, what I could do here and there. I just use them. I don't know any sort of positions or things like that.''

Nog een interessante anekdote uit hetzelfde interview:

''- What kind of neck do you prefer?

- Just as long as it's thin. The first one I had was a very small, thin neck. I showed it to a guy from Gibson, and he wanted to do some photos of it and look at the pick-ups. I said, "Could you get me one the same as this?" And he went, "I've never seen one like it." It wasn't shaved either. It had come direct from their factory. It had all the original pieces. I've got another guitar that's a reject [a second], and it's and incredible guitar. I said, "If you can make a few more rejects, I'll like them, too [laughs]."
    Aaron Stonebeat
    Mijn nieuwe band: Eddy Current & The Field
    Stonebeat's gitaargeknutsel in beeld: http://aaronstonebeat.mijnalbums.nl/

Standaard

ik heb thuis een Parker P38 staan met een zeer dun comfortabel halsje. Voor mij is ie eigenlijk te dun, misschien kun je zoiets een keer proberen.

Standaard

Ik heb zelf een Danelectro U2, daar zit een hele fijne, slanke hals op. Er staan er momenteel een aantal op tweedehands sites voor niet teveel geld. Ik heb zelf ook een aantal shortscale gitaren. Fender Mustang, Fender Jaguar, en Rickenbacker 320, maar dat is wel een andere prijsklasse. Het probleem bij een shortscale vind ik dat je dikkere snaren nodig hebt om te compenseren voor de lagere snaarspanning. Anders wordt het geluid te iel... Op de Rick zit een setje 013 en dat heeft hij echt wel nodig!

Favorieten/bladwijzers

Favorieten/bladwijzers

Regels voor berichten