PDA

View Full Version : if you tolerate this...

jimihattricks
10 mei 2007, 17:13
---
What Nick and Dave came up with was, in the end, almost unrecognisable as a keyboard part. "All the reviews of the single said 'there's this spectral guitar effect in the verse'," he complains, "but it's actually a Wurlitzer electric piano, put into my Korg MS20, distorted beyond all piano-ness and filtered live using both the low- and high-pass filters, with resonance set really high to get that extreme distortion. It was a live, kind of organic thing - him hitting the chords and me turning the knobs! Because the filters would sweep back too far, we had to record chords one and three, and then go back and do chords two and four. We disciplined ourselves to do the whole thing live. It's too easy just to go into Pro Tools and take one good one and copy it, and then it doesn't sound as real or earthy."
---

en ik me maar afvragen welke effecten daar nu door elkaar werden gebruikt (tremolo + flanger + phaser + ..?) :confused: s kijken of er een Wurlitzer op marktplaats staat :satisfie:

Mitch
10 mei 2007, 19:41
Zou je het misschien voor iedereen begrijpelijk uit willen leggen ? :chicken:

MarkS
10 mei 2007, 19:43
Volgens mij heeft hij het over het geluid van die song van The Manic Street Preachers? Op het verkeerde been gezet dus.
Overkwam mij ook bij de "gitaarsounds" van Keane.