PDA

View Full Version : Cobra-midi-cc-pc-issues

Sidesmile
3 april 2007, 18:26
Ik heb de vraag ook al op het offstage-forum gesteld en naar framus gemaild, maar kvraag het hier toch ook maar eens. de mail naar framus vind je onderaan. Als ik antwoord krijg, post ik t hier ook. (in de mail naar framus staan nog twee extra vragen).

______

Ik kan de mijn cobra met ingebouwde midi-interface programmeren op het oproepen van pc's. however, hij is ook verondersteld te werken met cc's om dan intern in een preset van kanaal/master te wisselen. Dat krijg ik allemaal mooi geprogrammeerd. Sweet!

Wanneer dat echter allemaal zo ingesteld staat, en ik wil een preset terug oproepen, dan schakelt de amp om een of andere reden altijd eerst via het leadkanaal. Dus als ik van clean + effect (er staat ook nog een xpression in de loop) naar clean + ander effect wil, dan gaat hij eerst even een fractie naar t leadkanaal.
Als ik het leadkanaal dan via een preset activeer, dan heeft hij soms de neiging te verspringen naar t cleane kanaal en daar te blijven. (Ik heb echter wel de indruk dat ik dit laatste al heb kunnen oplossen door de cc's te activeren en op te slaan bij de juiste pc)

Hoe kan ik dat oplossen? Heeft het te maken met de "rate" die je kan instellen op de midimate? Of is het eigen aan de cobra midi-interface?

The cobra offers the ability to control the channels by midi.
I'm already accustomed with the Program changes and saving them by pushing the button on the back panel.
However, when I try to control the cobra with Control Changes, problems arise.
As long as I use the CC's everything goes fine, but when I select another program change it starts acting strange. If I hit a PC that is supposed to recall the clean or crunch channel ,the channel selecter always goes throught the lead channel. So if i select "clean", the signal gets routed to the lead channel and stays there for just an instant and then passes on to the clean channel. It's the same for the crunch channel.
The lead channel sometimes acts strange too: if I select it by a PC, the lead gets selected, but sometimes it just changes to clean without me touching anything.

How can I fix this? (the explanation in dutch below)
I use a midi mate to transmit PC's and CC's. It has an option to choose the midi channels. Perhaps that can be of any help?

And another question. If I have the cobra only respond to a certain midichannel as explained in the manual, do I have to repeat the same procedure every time I power up? How do I restore it to omni mode?

And one final question. Can it be harmful if I connect a 16ohm speaker cabinet and select 8ohm output on the amp? I know there is a 16 ohm setting as well, but I'm just wondering.

Sidesmile
5 april 2007, 12:21
antwoord van framus

Dear Mr. Finn Van Dinter,

we are happy to here from you and that you are playing a Framus AMP.

Please note our answer as following :

I tried to reproduce your scenario, but everything works fine
here when changing presets on the COBRA via MIDI program changes.
So it’s not a fault in general.
The select switches on the front of the COBRA work parallel to MIDI , so
the same problem would occur by switching through the channels on the
front panel of the amp.
I assume that there might be a problem with the MIDI MATE or the cable you use.
My suggestion is try a different MIDI controller and cable and check if the same problem
occurs.

The MIDI channel will be stored until it will be changed again, so it's
not necessary setting up the MIDI channel on the Cobra each time you
power up the amp.

It's not a problem to use the COBRA with 8ohms into a 16ohms cabinet.
But we don't recommend that.

We hope that our answer is helping you and that you will be for a long time a loyal

Framus User.

with best regards

ik denk dat het aan mijn instellingen van de midimate ligt.

ik probeer eens te foefelen. We'll see.

Indien iemand kan helpen...?!