PDA

View Full Version : Tube Screamer + WAHWAH + Delay DE7

combo
23 januari 2007, 21:49
Hey,

Ik heb een gitaar met emg's in (81-85).
Een 50W rms full lampenbak

En dan de effecten:

Van de gitaar ga ik naar wahwah, dan naar delay en dan naar tube screamer, is deze volgorde wel goed ? Ik vind de klank niet echt denderen beter, heb het nog niet omgekeerd geprobeerd aangezien materiaal niet thuis staat.

Nog een probleempje dat ik heb, ik heb genoeg scheur met die tube screamer TS9DX alles op max ingesteld. Maar dan heb ik ook een groot volumeverschil met de cleane klank van de versterker. Is een DS1 of dergelijke aangeraden om wel meer scheur te hebben en de volume ervan gelijk met de cleane klank te regelen ?

Alle suggesties welkom,

Alvast bedankt

drap
23 januari 2007, 22:29
Je kan beter de delay aan het einde zetten. Dus eerst wah, dan overdrive, dan delay.

Debaser
23 januari 2007, 23:59
Hoe gebruik ik mijn TS9DX :

zet m op de TS9 mode, niet op HOT TURBO of +
dan heb je de meeste vervorming.

dan je hoeveelheid GAIN kiezen, dan je TONE in draaien, hoog of laag net wat je wil.

en als laatste de LEVEL gebruiken om je cleane geluid zo dicht mogelijk bij het overstuurde geluid te krijgen, dus pedaal aan = even hard als pedaal uit. alleen meer gain, des gewenst kan je m iets harder zetten door de LEVEL iets meer open te zetten

Mitch
24 januari 2007, 11:39
Als je alles op max zet heb je daarna natuurlijk een volumeverschil, da's logisch, Als die hoeveelheid vrvorming wel is dat je nodig hebt, dan moet je óf je TS gaan modden voor meer gain bij lager volume of een ander drive pedaal kopen.

combo
25 januari 2007, 19:24
delay erachter is idd groot verschil

Flint Stone
27 januari 2007, 01:05
Hoe gebruik ik mijn TS9DX :

zet m op de TS9 mode, niet op HOT TURBO of +
dan heb je de meeste vervorming.

dan je hoeveelheid GAIN kiezen, dan je TONE in draaien ...

Hoi bedankt voor het advies, ik zat er ook mee te klooien. Dacht eigenlijk dat de mijne kapot was omdat standje TS9 het meest vervormde, maar dat hoort dus zo ?!!

Debaser
27 januari 2007, 09:30
Via Analogman, hier staan de modes duidelijk uitgelegd.

TS9 Mode

Pretty much same as the stock TS-9. I measured the same capacitance as an original TS9 (tone range is the same). The Diodes measured slightly less but should not sound much different. This mode is the same sound as a standard TS-9, but has slightly less available distortion. I found it is like turning a standard TS-9 DRIVE knob down about 3 notches. This was due to the WRONG wiring on the DRIVE pot. I have found a way to get it most of the way back with a simple resistor/pot mod. 1/99 update : Hoshino in the USA has made this change themselves on the 2nd batch of pedals. You can tell by the jumper wire on the back of the mini circuit board which the drive pot is attached to. So on the new pedals I no longer have to do the DRIVE mod, but can still do it on any 1st batch pedals. 11/99 update : Maxon (Nisshin Onpa) factory in Japan now made the change on the board, so no jumper is needed.

On the left is a picture of the "original board" with our mod (the jumper wire), and to the right is the new style board. If you have the new style board on the right, you don't need the drive mod and you will have the same amount of drive as a TS9.

+ Mode

This mode sounds about 2 notches louder on the volume knob. It has stronger low-mid range and less highs. I measured different diodes in forward and reverse with slightly higher readings. The mismatch may give a slightly non-symmetrical clipping. But the doides in the circuit are actually matched, the difference is that an additional diode is placed in series with each clipping diode. Also the tone capacitor is about five times bigger which deepens the tone quite a bit. Not as much distortion as the TS9 mode (!). It sounds more distorted because it is louder but actually has less distortion.

Hot Mode

Hot mode is like the + Mode but seems to have even less distortion. Red LEDs (light emitting diodes) are used in this mode, like the Marshall Guv'nor, but not with enough power to light them up as much as in the Guv'nor. There is also an additional resistor added across the clipping diodes. The tone capacitor is about twenty times bigger than the original TS9 for much more low end.

Turbo Mode

Turbo mode has the most volume and bass. The clipping diodes are basically removed, and the tone capacitor is now FORTY times bigger than the original for tons of low end. I find that when you increase this capacitor, you lose some of the sweetness of the pedal's tone. The large capacitors are now electrolytic type due to their high values. These tend not to sound as good as other types like film capacitors.