PDA

View Full Version : Iemand bekend met de PAF JOE of FRED DP153 ???? help

DTmaster
22 november 2005, 10:24
ik ga overmorgen een element kiezen voor me ibanez SA160

http://www.guitarsetc.net/guitar_el/ibanez/ib_sa160qmte_f1_lg.jpg (dit is mijn gitaar)

en dit is dezelfde alleen dan van een andere site en meer gedetailieerd http://www.machinehead.co.uk/images/ibanez-jpg/sa160amberlg.jpg

dus punt 1: kunnen deze elementen op me gitaar ??

en punt 2 welke is het best voor mij. ???

Ik zoek namelijk een scheur element met die typische joe satriani geluid maar omdat die paf JOE pas sinds 2003 word gebruikt vraag ik me af hoe die is ... en die andere ken ik niet echt goed .... hier heb ik wel het een en ander staan van die 2 :)

PAF JOE:

The PAF Joe™ is the new neck pickup that DiMarzio® developed for Joe Satriani. Joe wanted a neck position humbucker that combines the best qualities of the DiMarzio® PAF Pro® with those of a late '50s Gibson humbucker. Joe described this tone as being "tubular". Through the use of Virtual Vintage® technology, clear-sounding low frequencies are blended with warm-sounding mids and high frequencies, which makes the PAF Joe™ equally good for chords and single notes. It was first used by Joe throughout the 2003 G3 tour.

FRED DP153

We designed FRED® to bump the mid-range of the PAF Pro® EQ up a notch, but in the process, something unusual happened. Harmonics that humbuckers usually don't reproduce started popping out, particularly with overdriven amps and distortion units. FRED® has about the same power as the PAF Pro®, but the unusual overtones create a sound with more crank and growl. Joe Satriani was the first player to discover and exploit these qualities, and it's been his main bridge pickup ever since. FRED® is really sensitive to changes in pick attack and control settings, and its distinctive tone makes a great recorded sound for both penetrating solos and tight rhythm tracks.

ik begrijp niet zo goed wat ze allemaal zeggen maar ik zoek gewoon die classic sound van hem en tuurlijk zit het in de vingers maar ik vraag me af welke elementen meer ballen heeft :-D