PDA

View Full Version : GFS Pickups (lil' Killer)

Pierre
29 juli 2005, 22:38
Hey guys! Ik ben nu hier, and I can't really speak Dutch (sorry... but I do live here! I'm French). I'm about to buy a humbucker size single coil for my Charvel model 1a and I have a budget for 45 euros for it (yes it's low, but in the US it gets you a second hand SD hotrails for instance). I read some good about the GFS pickups and I was wondering if some of you guys gave a try to the Lil' Killer for Stratocaster?
Dank u wel voor uw tijd!

vulvasonic
30 juli 2005, 00:39
For 60 euro you might find a Seymour Duncan Little '59. The best single-coil replacement pickup I can think of. I believe there are actually some people here having one for sale.

Good luck!

Pierre
30 juli 2005, 01:39
I checked the gitaarmarkt and I didn't find anything I could get. And I want something more agressive and less 'Les Paul' than a little '59 :D . Thanks though :)

Speeddemon
30 juli 2005, 03:11
Hey Pierre, I have a GFS Filtertron meets PAF (Dream 180) coming my way, in gold. I could let it go for 30 euro's. I bought it for my Burny Les Paul, but it's got SD humbuckers instead.

Pierre
30 juli 2005, 03:45
Nah thanks. It has to be single coil sized as the guitar is not routed properly for humbuckers. Thanks anyway :)