PDA

View Full Version : Nieuwe gitaar

#Chris#
22 december 2004, 21:11
Hallo. Laatst heb ik een nieuwe gitaar gekocht: een Vantage 318T, waarvan de frets tot 2 octaven hoog gaan. Voor mij een onbekende, ik kon er ook weinig over vinden op internet. Misschien hebben jullie er wat meer informatie over.
Dankjewel,
Chris

Reel Big Fish
23 december 2004, 18:58
Helaas weet ik er niks over....

veel plezier ermee iig! :)

vulvasonic
23 december 2004, 22:04
Price Paid: US $105 used
Purchased from: N/A
Pawn shop.

Features: 9
Made in Korea by Samick. Longhorn strat copy with 2 single coils and 1 humbucker in the bridge position with a coil tap. Neck pickup - 10K ohms, middle pickup - 9K ohms, bridge pickup - 6K/16K ohms. 5 position switch. 4 bolt maple neck with 24 jumbo frets, rosewood fretboard and an angled back headstock. 3 piece body(wood type unknown) with sculptured top. Finished in transparent emerald color. Vintage type trem bridge. All black hardware.

Sound: 9
When first received, this guitar was dark and muddy - thats probably why I got it so cheap. Some minimal tweaking and adjustment didn't help much. The problem was with the neck/body joint. They didn't bother to clean out the sawdust and garbage before assembling this guitar, so I cleaned it up and polished the mating surfaces with #600 paper. What a difference. It now is bright and clean sounding. Has a good range of typical strat sounds with the option of a vintage sound when using only 1 coil in the bridge humbucker, and a crunch sound when using both coils. The vintage style strat tailpiece doesn't return to pitch too well - so I just tightened up the springs to make the plate rest flat on the surface of the guitar. The tuners are OK. Nice neck and action. Single coil pickups had typical hum when used singly, quiet when in combo's. Switches and pots are decent quality with no problems.

Action, Fit, & Finish: 7
Overall the guitar was flawless, except for the neck/body joint corrections required. Could probably use better tuners and some sheilding. There is no hope for the vintage style trem tailpiece. I've only had one in my entire lifetime that worked properly.

Reliability/Durability: 7
Guitar seems to be of decent quality and durability. Always works when I plug it in so I guess that makes it dependable.

Customer Support: N/A
Purchased used. Could care less about manufacturers guarantee, etc.

Overall Rating: 7
I have been playing for 33 years. I have a large variety of 'copy' guitars. I can't justify huge expenditures for 'big name' guitars because I don't make money at this game anymore, and even if I did, there is very little value added with the 'big name' products. They have the same minor faults and quality issues that the 'cheapo' copies have, at five times the price. Designing and building an electric guitar is no big secret, they've been doing it for about 40 years with virtually no changes in specifications and performance expecatations. So, why pay the big bucks? This Vantage guitar has more features and sound variations than a standard strat, and could be upgraded (tuners, sheilding) for very little money. It ain't bad as it is.

Dit is het enige niet Franse 'artikel' dat ik zo snel heb kunnen vinden.