PDA

View Full Version : Boss OC3 Super Octave could be used as a Speaker-Emulator

PacoCasanovas
6 november 2004, 15:10
hello friends! :-D

i brought a few FX-pedals: T-Rex CompNova, Danelectro Cool Cat, Boss OC-3 & a Digitech Whammy Pedal

after a few days and a few experiments i discovered that the OC-3 Octaver also can used as a Speaker-Emulator for recording (no kidding!) :o

my Peavey Classic 50 had a major problem and would be replaced by the manufactory (peavey-europe).....so i have no "real" amp at home yet....sniff, but i guess i just have to wait for about a week or two until they send me the new one..... :wink:

so, i have a old Fender-The Twin in my basement (owned by a friend who gave me the amp b/c he has currently no practice-room or empty speace in his living room.....)...this amp sound like shit, but in combination with the OC-3 octaver as a Speaker-Emulator it sounds pretty cool.....

Ok....here is the signal-path

Gitaar (since this is a NL-forum :lol: ) -> T-Rex CompNova (compressor) -> fender "the twin" (red-knob version, early 90s) -> Boss OC-3 (Bass-Input, Drive Mode.....Drive-Knob on position zero, Output full-power, Octave 1 on position zero!....otherwise there is no speaker-emulator-effect!) -> direct into my Motu 828mk2 AudioInterface.....no EQ no FX (just the spring reverb from the fender amp)....

http://www.pacocasanovas.ch/oc3twin.mp3

this is awesome.....its a great octaver and it could be used as a speaker-emulator too! Ha! :-D :-D :-D

greeetz
paco

birt
6 november 2004, 16:42
you mean there is NO speaker attached to the amp?
isn't that really bad for the OT?

PacoCasanovas
6 november 2004, 16:58
with no power-tubes its not a problem.....preamp out direct into the Boss OC-3 octaver into the Motu 828mk2......so what?

The fender is used as a tube-preamp..... :razz: ......the boss OC-3 octaver is the speaker-emulator! It's pretty funny....but it sounds good! :wink:

oddman
6 november 2004, 18:29
sounds pretty fat dude ;o)

Negative K3 fan
6 november 2004, 18:45
sounds really good! how did you figure this out?

Phyrexian
8 november 2004, 10:22
Interesting.

PacoCasanovas
31 december 2004, 11:43
my oc-3 tone-trick is has his own feature in the german mag Gitarre&Bass 01/05.....

:-D :razz:

Robbert
31 december 2004, 12:04
Cool! Welcome back ;)