PDA

View Full Version : welke elementen voor een guitbas????

jobbedoes
24 oktober 2004, 20:32
:???: :???: zie onderwerp...... :-D

bert k
25 oktober 2004, 00:41
Guitbas... :???:

jobbedoes
25 oktober 2004, 01:42
Guitbas... :???:

ja zo'n ding van de presidents of the united states, zo'n gitaar met twee bas snaren geloof ik..... enig idee?

michielv
26 oktober 2004, 09:44
Vogens mij "maken" die gasten zo'n ding zelf door simpelweg een gitaar te voorzien van twee bassnaren en klaar is kees?

jobbedoes
26 oktober 2004, 10:00
Vogens mij "maken" die gasten zo'n ding zelf door simpelweg een gitaar te voorzien van twee bassnaren en klaar is kees?

ja dat heb ik al eerder gehoord, de dunste snaren die te koop zijn voor de bas op een gitaar zetten... maar die discussie is al gaande: kan mijn versterker daar wel tegen...?

ik ga wel weer verder zoeken op de PUSA site

jobbedoes
26 oktober 2004, 10:02
How do I get/make one? If you go to a music store and ask for a Basitar or a Guitbass, you probably won't do very well. The salesman will either give you a blank stare, or laugh uncontrollably. Your best bet, if you don't already have a guitar to turn into a Guitbass or Basitar is to get a second-hand guitar from either a pawn shop, or a music store that sells used instruments. If you're filthy rich, just go buy whatever the hell you want. Slight, mostly non-permanent changes need to be made to set it up correctly. See the definitions of Basitar and Guitbass for proper string size and tuning.

Here's some tips from Chris Ballew on the proper setup:

...Well you need to file down the saddle at the bridge and at the head stock <the nut> to accomodate the larger strings. Otherwise the string will sit too far off the fretboard and the intonation will never be right... ...The best situation is to have a floating bridge that is not attatched to the guitar or the hard to find Leo Quan Bad-ass bridge for guitars. Truss rod is not usually a problem but it may need tightening because the 2 strings don't have the tension of 6.
hope that helps...
chris

More tips (from me):

A VERY IMPORTANT TIP: when filing the nut (at the headstock), go VERY slowly. You are essentially trying to widen the slot, not deepen it. You don't want to make the slot too deep. If you do, your strings will buzz like crazy when playing open notes, and the only way to fix this is to replace the nut. Replacing a nut is not something you want to try yourself.

For a basitar the strings are located in the slots normally occupied by the D and B strings, for a Guitbass, you put the strings in the A, D, and G string positions.

As an added touch, remove the extra hardware from the bridge and the headstock. It looks cool, and prevents you from having a bunch of pieces of metal rattling about as you play.

Is the string size important? YES, when I first set up my Guitbass, the store gave me a set of Ernie Ball Super Slinkys. The three largest strings were .042, .032, and .024 gauge. These were ok, but didn't produce that punchy PUSA sound. After playing those for a while, (and breaking a string) I moved up to the Power Slinkys (.048, .038, .028). It is amazing the difference in sound and tone that the larger strings produce. As soon as I run out of my Power Slinky stockpile, I plan to move to even larger strings. My friends at a local music store, Victor Litz, in Gaithersburg, MD, were able to special order me strings for my Guitbass from Ernie Ball. I ordered strings sized .064, .044, and .036 to put on my guitbass. If your store is an Ernie Ball dealer, they should be able to hook you up. When I set up my Basitar, I went for the Jugular, using the .060 and .036 gauges. When played through the right amp, It sounds perfect!

jobbedoes
26 oktober 2004, 10:03
de link is misschien makkelijker

http://www.inthequeue.com/guitbass/

jobbedoes
26 oktober 2004, 10:06
check dit!!!

http://www.inthequeue.com/guitbass/images/search.jpg

:-D :-D :-D

ik denk dat ik de akoorden gewoon maar omzet naar powerchords dan hoef ik ook mijn fendertje niet te slopen.....

sorry voor de verspilde tijd....

dejohan
26 oktober 2004, 18:22
http://www.guitarworld.com/artistindex/9605.presidents.html

GUITAR WORLD: Where does the three-string guitar thing come from?

DAVE DEDERER: Bulgaria!

JASON FINN: Africa!

CHRIS BALLEW: Well, Africa by way of Mark Sandman of the band Morphine. It started out as two strings, actually. He plays two-string bass with a slide. When I was living in Boston, we had a band together and he gave me a two-string guitar. It felt fantastic. We played live together and made up songs in front of an audience-improvised stuff-and it was great.

GW: You tune in fifths?

BALLEW: Root, fifth, root. C sharp-G sharp-C sharp. A fifth is the greatest chord, 'cause it's ambiguous. It could be major or minor.

DEDERER: Then you can color it with thirds or sevenths, major or minor; and you can totally change the character of a song with just one note.

GW: Why C sharp, though?

DEDERER: We just tune as low as we can go on a regular scale guitar neck and still maintain intonation and decent string tension.

BALLEW: Any lower than that and a fifth loses definition.

Wouter J
1 november 2004, 16:50
Single coil elementen en dan speciaal die in de hals positie. Chris Ballew speelde op een Rood witte Gibson Melody maker (met een SG vorm) waar hij het brug element van had laten ontkopellen en puur en aleen op de hals single coil speelde.
http://gozef.free.fr/images/basitar.JPG

Zijn latere Epiphone Flying V was voorzien van Gibson P90 elementen.
http://www.inthequeue.com/cbnet/images/P000013218.jpg