PDA

View Full Version : extension cab of krachtiger speakers voor twin reverb 1976?

GST
11 oktober 2004, 13:30
Hallo,

hulp welkom :
ik twijfel nog tussen cab of krachtiger speakers: tips, modellen , prijzen meer dan welkom, zie onder :

I own a fender twin reverb 1976 silverface ,
but would like to extend with a powerfull closed cab (2 or 4 x 12")
either running together with the 2x12" in the combo and/or cab alone. (since on gigs and rehearsal the combo speakers can't always handle the load, especially when I kick my MXR doubleshot in)

if I run a cab through the jack output "extension" does this mute the combo speakers? If yes: can I avoid this and run both combo speakers and a cab, how?

what should I pay attention to? (cab should be 4 Ohm or switchable load?)

what kind of cab would be adequate and would'nt kill the amp?

My preference would be combining the open combo with a closed 2x12" cab (if it has tilt legs like the amp would just be great!).

Maybe changing the original speakers (blue fenders) with a more powerfull version with warm sound and good bassresponse could also be a good option: any recommendations/hints are welcome.
With tone of current speakers I am quite happy, except for the fact that they tend to get overdriven on loud volume on low frequencies.

(style = reggae, dub , ska, rock sometimes bad brains kind of stuff so you can add metal sound capactities to it, allthough I'm not willing to compromise my natural twin reverb tone to have a more convincing metal type of sound) guitar = telecaster california series 2 x single coil (great guitar by the way); forget mid scoop stuff, think of "enough mids but more bass"

thanks !
GST

matto
11 oktober 2004, 18:53
Voor een topklasse overstuurd geluid moet je Celestionspeakers(b.v G12K)
in de extra kast zetten en in de twin zet je dan b.v JBL of EV speakers.
volgens mij heb je voldoende weergave om extra bas of hoog in je geluid te kunnen draaien.