PDA

View Full Version : maak eens een lijst van alle gitaren die je ooit hebt gehad

Wouter J
11 oktober 2004, 03:16
Ik speel al achttien jaar gitaar en het leek me wel grappig om een lijst te maken van alle gitaren die ik ooit heb gehad en wat er mee gebeurd is. Ik heb de lijst in het engels gemaakt zodat ik hem ook op andere niet nederlandstalige gitaarforums kan posten.

Ik schrok wel toen die lijst klaar was. 88 instrumenten.

Telecasters

Vester mid eighties all black Telecaster copy with a scalloped neck – Sold on.
Fender Japanese fifties reissue in Candy apple red – Sold on
Unknown brand parts telecaster with an ash body with wenge top and back, EMG pickups. – Loaned to a friend who had made it disappear without a trace.
1998 Squier Affinity tele. Used to be black but has since been stripped and inlayed with flamed maple and platanus constrast stripes. – Still have it.
Parts Telecaster made of solid Ash – Sold on
2001 Squier affinity tele, baltic blue – Sold on
Hohner Telecaster custom copy in sunburst – On loan by a friend.

Stratocasters

Rockson strat copy, all black. My first electric guitar – sold on
Squier 1989 lipstick red standard Stratocaster – Still have it.
Daytone strat copy, chipwood body – wrecked it.
Early eighties Tokai Goldstar sound strat copy, it had a warped neck – sold on.
Parts strat with a Washburn neck and Seymour Duncan pickups – Sold to the guitarist of the band I was in at the time.
Chevy korean strat copy sunburst – Sold on
Parts strat with a solid ash body with Paduak front and back – Sold on
Squier affinity strat, baltic blue. Refitted with a one piece maple neck coming from an early eighties Fernandes strat and has a full set of texas special pickups – Still have it.
1989 Fender american standard strat, black, left handed, played upside down but couldn’t get used to it. – Sold on
1975 Fender strat, originally olympic white, refinished in Bengal tigerstripes. – still have it.
Early eighties Hondo H76 strat copy, black, fitted with zebra print fluff. – Still have it

Other Fender-y guitars

Early nineties Fender Robben Ford signature model, I never should’ve sold it. – sold on.
Parts Jazzmaster, Duncan pickups, bigsby vibrato and a Squier JV neck – sold on

Peavey T 15

Early eighties Peavey T15, used to be sunburst, refinished in black case included. – Still have it.
Mid eighties Peavey T15. Metallic brown – sold on.
Early eighties Peavey T15, sunburst, refinished pink – Sold to an ex-girlfriend

Les Paul

Early nineties black Epiphone LP 100. Budget model with a bolt on neck, one of the bunch of bad quality guitars that Epiphone made in those days. – sold on
1977 Ibanez Les Paul Custom copy, lovely looking guitar, three hunbuckers. But I don’t understand why people are raving about how good those Ibanez copies were, because the super 70 pickups which were in it sounded like crap – sold on
Late seventies Westbury Les Paul copy, brown, contoured body. It just wouldn’t stay in tune. – sold on
Late eighties Epiphone Les Paul Custom, alpine white. Lovely guitar but sounded like crap. – sold on
2004 Epiphon Bob Marley signature Les Paul, the first decent Les Paul guitar I ever had. – Still have it.

Other Gibson-esque guitars

late seventies Kinor SG copy wine red. – Still have it
Recent Vintage SG copy red, cool guitar but the SG just doesn’t work for me. – sold on
Vantage Les Paul special copy with a through neck construction. – Wrecked it.
Mid nineties Epiphone Flying V black. Once again a bad guitar coming from the E brand. – Sold on
Hondo explorer – for sale.

Misc. Electrics

Welson semie accoustic. Mid sixties Italian made 335-ish guitar with three mini humbucking pickups and a Jazzmaster like vibrato. – sold on.
De armond Jet star. Nice guitar if it weren’t for that razor sharp tail piece. –sold on
Ibanez RT 650 RB. The ‘traditional’ version of their RG line. It had fotoflame maple body in translucent red, I never liked the sound of it though. – sold on.
Recent Cort Jim Triggs model, aqua green. I couldn’t get used to it. – sold on.
Gretsch electromatic Malcom Young signature model. Cool guitar, used extensively on the recording session of the CD of the Worst. But the switches were located directly above the pickups and I kept on slamming into them. – sold on.
Warmoth BC Rich Mockingbird copy. - sold on.

Basses

Vantage P bass copy, used to be navy blue. – still have it.
Ibanez Roadstar mid eighties, fretless bass, all black, no serial number. – sold on
Aria SB 800, early eighties, amber through neck, heavy as a ship anchor. – sold on
Ibanez mid seventies Rickenbacker bass copy, black through neck. Refitted with Dimarzio bass pickups, a Badass bridge and Gotoh tuners – Sold to the bass player of a band I was in at the time, he still has it.
Parts bass, EMG pickups. – Sold to the guitarist of a band I was in at the time who wanted a good bass for studio use.
Early nineties Knooren six string bass. Maple body through neck. Beautifull bass but I couldn’t get used to the wide neck. – sold on
Fenix five string Jazz bass copy, sunburst body. – sold on
Squier Precision bass, white, fitted with a washburn neck – Gave it to my brother
Squier Precision bass, white similar to the one listed above, reshaped the headstock so it looked like a rickenbacker’s, fitted with a Musicman humbucker – Still have it.
Parts bass, sonic blue, Precision model with a Bartolini pickup – sold on.
Samick Precision bass copy fire engine red. - Scrapped to use it’s parts, plywood body tossed in the dumpster
Mid seventies Hondo Rickenbacker copy, sunburst. – Scrapped, neck used in my self made ricky bass.
Mid seventies no name Japanese Gibson EB0 copy – sold on
1977 Ibanez Rickenbacker copy, fitted with parts and electronics from a real Rickenbacker. – sold on
Recent Squier Precision bass special, five string, metallic purple. For some reasoon only four string basses work for me. – sold on
early nineties Pro Session Thunderbird copy. Bad looking bass and the lloks wasn’t the only thing that was bad about it. – sold on.
1978 Ibanez Artist bass, sunburst. Pretty looking bass, heavy as a ship anchor. – planning to sell it.
early seventies japanese made “Jedson” short scale bass – still have it.
Mid eighties Hondo Fame Fender bass copy. - sold on

Selfmade guitars and basses

Boulder 1, lapsteel with a neck made from a plywood plank which was gleud to a fully hollow body made from a champagne crate and could be amplified through a single coil pickup at the bridge. Amazingly, it worked. – scrapped
Boulder 2. lapsteel similar to boulder one apart from having a large center positioned rectangular soundhole. Vibrato tailpiece made from a small piece of plywood glued onto two washing pins. – still have it.
Boulder 3. Similar to boulder 1 save for being a fully functional hollow body electric guitar. It had a neck coming from an old Les Paul copy. – Got damaged beyond repair. Neck used for Boulder 6.
Boulder 4 Bass version of the Boulder 3. Neck from a cheap fender bass copy. It didn’t work out, the thing collapsed under the strain of the pull of the bass strings. – scrapped
Boulder 5. Deluxe version of my Boulder guitars. The champagne crate from which it’s body was made was topped with a laminated spruce top and had very ornate rectangle soundholes at either end of the bridge. Strat neck. I used this guitar live on various occasions. – still have it.
Boulder 6. Boulder 3 rebuilt. It got smashed up at one point, I saved the body. – scrapped.
Weirdo. 4 string solid body and neck entirely made of pine. Body shape BC Rich like. My first solidbody. - Still have it.
Wierdo 2 normal six string version, body made of plywood. I took it apart and the body is now hung upon the wall – still have it.
Scorpion. My first solid body bass. Pine wood body, shaped copied from my Peavey T 15 guitar, neck from the Boulder 4 bass guitar, Dimarzio pickup. – in state of dissasemblement but I still have it.
Monster. Body shape taken from my Martin acoustic with strat horns added. Body made from a solid piece of elm. Monster sustain and monster-like heavy. It didn’t have a long life. – still have the body.
Julie. Green Strat named after a cousin of mine who died because of gunfire. Solid mahogany body, Dimarzio pickup. When I started working with Knooren, I completely rebuilt this one as a shorst scale bass. I fitted the body with a bookmatched striped maple top. And refinished it natural. – Gave it to a friend of mine who wanted to learn how to play bass.
Sandra. Tele shaped solidbody made for my then girlfriend, I guess she still has it. – gave it away
Nylon string strat shaped solid. The first guitar I made when joining Knooren handcrafed in 1998. it has a basswood body with a mahogany neck with an ebony fingerboard. – I still have it
Tele-V A.K.A. “The Pizza slice”. Second guitar I made after I joined Knooren. Made from an offset triangle shaped left over piece of very beautifully figured maple. Fitted with a neck coming from a tele copy. I routed it out for a single tele bridge pickup and finished the guitar in transparant red. Unfortunately, it sounds way to brittle to usefull. – still have it.
Rickenbacker copy bass. Made from the neck of my hondo and a body consisting of maple and platanus. Has been my main bass. – still have it.
The Plank. Made from a leftover piece of maple, left rough and with the bark still on it. – Still have it.
TelePaul. My cross between a Les paul junior and a Telecaster. Recently refinished in sunburst – still have it.
SG copy. I love the look of the SG shape but I couldn’t get used to the real thing so I made an SG to my own vision, it has a bolt on maple fender style neck, body made of a sanwich from oak at the top and pine at the bottom, non trem top loading strat bridge and two dimarzio humbuckers. – still have it.
Misty. As yet unfinished solid with a Jaguar/non reversed Firebird body. It’ll have two humbucking pickups and will be in sunburst. – in the works
Thunderbird bass copy. Made for a friend. – sold on.
Flying V copy. Made from a left over piece of alder. The youngest son of my boss kept begging me to bring it along again since he liked the body shape so much. So being the pussycat I am I obliged. – gave it to Victor Knooren the youngest on of my boss who’s currently learning how to play it.

Accoustic

My first guitar, nylon string of an unknown brand. Got damaged beyond repair – put it at the garbage.
Steel string sunburst. Bought at a flea market, I eventually traded it at school to a buddy for a transformer, haven’t seen it since. – Traded it in
Mid eighties Aria nylon string. Bought to replace the unknown branded nylon string first guitar. My first proper guitar. – still have it.
Mid eighties Martin Sigma DR 18H. Given to me for my twentieth birthday. – still have it.
Early seventies Ibanez 12 string. Good sounding guitar but with a bend neck it also was a censored to play. For some reason me and Ibanez don’t mix. – sold on
Mid sixties plywood “Famos” sunburst archtop guitar. Bought as a prop. – I don’t know why but I still have it.
Ukelele. Bought a flea market, solid koa top and sides. Beautifull little thing. – still have it.
Unknown fifties Spanish made nylon string. I still need to find the time to fix this one up. – Still have it.
Baritone Ukelele. Nothing special Samick branded instrument of plywood top, back and sides. – still have it.

En dat zijn ze dus werkelijk allemaal. Je hoeft je niet te schamen als jouw lijst kleiner dan de mijne is, ik ben ook een gitaarfreak in de zuiverste betekenis van het woord.

:strat: