PDA

View Full Version : Diedo heeft een probleem met Marshall 5210!

Diedo
9 september 2004, 16:50
beste mensen,

als ik lekker aan het spelen ben op mn marshall 5210 (tansistor broer van de JCM800) dan begint ie spontaan te oversturen. het klinkt als een ongecontroleerde overdrive (zoals een gitaar op je stereo). als ik dan en klap op mn versterker geef helpt dat soms en is het weer een paar tellen weg, maar soms haalt het ook niks uit.net weer een tijdje zonder het probleem gespeeld, maar gisteravond de hele tijd...
het is een al een oud beestje (´91 of ´92) dus ik denk dat er een onderdeel is versleten. de cleanvolume en master potmeters kraken ook al.

heeft iemand een idee van van het kan zijn? en of het mogelijk is om het te reparen tegen een redelijke prijs (ik heb em voor 190 uiers gekocht)

alvast hartelijk bedankt!

Diedo

BartL
9 september 2004, 17:07
Hoeveel uiers is 1 euro? 8-)
Gewoon eens na laten kijken bij een amp-dokter denk ik zo.

Ennuh...je moet je amp ook niet slaan! :sneaky:

:-D

Diedo
9 september 2004, 17:58
nee ik ga em liever niet eerst naar de dokter brengen om te laten uitzoeken wat het is, want dan moet die dokter al onderzoek doen, en dat kost ook al poen; als blijkt dat het dan een (te) dure reparatie is, dan verpats ik em wel voor weinig en dan koop ik een pod ofzo... das een beetje het idee

harrie-beton
10 september 2004, 09:17
eh

een kapotte versterker is niet veel waard.

dus: resistance is futile

PacoCasanovas
12 september 2004, 05:03
sounds like a bad soldering prob....

pots you may can clean with Contact Spray .....but if they are much older & used...you may have to change 'em

:wink:

Diedo
12 september 2004, 15:45
yes I know the pots are old, so they will be replaced when I decide to get my amp fixed.

about the soldering prob you said: is it possible that the problem is caused by a damaged "return" jack? I discovered the return jack is not the way is has to be: it is loose on the back of my amp, allthough the nut is screwed tight. you can pull the "return" a little out of the amp.
(dutch: de "return" zit dus los aan de achterkant, ookal zit het moertje gewoon vast --> hij kan er verder uit dan normaal)

Thanks a lot!

PacoCasanovas
12 september 2004, 21:25
just try to connect your Return jack with the Send jack (use a patch-cable)...if you can play without any noise (and clap on your amp as you did before), then its just a return-jack prob.... :wink:

greeetz
Paco

Diedo
13 september 2004, 16:06
first of all: I didn´t notice the problem the last few days (uncontrolled distorted sound on my clean channel), but I think it might come back.

I did the test with the patchcable: my amp worked almost as always, but when I touch the patchcable (or even come close with my hand) my amp starts buzzing (like when you touch the positive point of your guitarcable)... seems strange to me. It is a high quality patchcable!

So I can play with my amp just as I used to do, but there is something wrong with it...

Who´s gonna help me out?

PacoCasanovas
13 september 2004, 18:39
ok...you had make the test with the patch-cable....cool...the prob is still there...not cool, if ya think its a prob with the return jack, maybe its a soldering prob....if you have some soldering experience , disconnect the amp..and open it.....its also possible of a ungrounded signal path....otherwise got your tech.....

if you can use the send-jack connected to an other power-amp and it works perfect...you can say...the preamp section is ok! Thats is very worthy.... ;-) ....

its very hard to tell you what to do without hearing the noise, without see the amplifier...but i always try to give some infos....

some of who may believe i'm just a stupid idiot......i'm not, i just try to help....otherwise you can trow more than half of all posts in here in the trash by saying..."go to a tech".....

guess i have to move to Holland...there is a lot work to do!

:-? i don't know....... :(

Diedo
13 september 2004, 21:01
I really appreciate your help!
I can´t try my amp with another power amp... thats a pity.

I will see if my amp blows or not the following days, and if so, I guess it will be repaired.

I can solder, but I´m not sure how to handle an amp, so I won´t do this myself.

I can still play on my amp, so I´m not yet a very sad man!

Thanks a lot!