PDA

View Full Version : Wes Borland terug bij Limp Bizkit

Wicked Willy
17 augustus 2004, 15:59
Van MTV.com en de Limp Bizkit website:

Following several months of rumors and speculations, LIMP BIZKIT have confirmed that they have reunited with guitarist Wes Borland. Pictures of Borland rehearsing with the band in the studio have been posted online at the group's official web site (click on each photo to see more pictures).

Borland left LIMP BIZKIT in October 2001, stating at the time that being in the band gradually became more like a job.

"Bells start going off, like, 'This is what it feels like to sell out,'" Borland told MTV.com in January 2002. "I'm enjoying all the perks of [LIMP BIZKIT], but I feel my heart is going black, because this is not what I'm called to do. The little voice inside my head says, 'You should be somewhere else. You should take the risk. You should let it go.'

"I think they'll be better now that I'm gone," he added. "I think I held them back from being their best, because I was so against all the things that were going on."

"I could have probably gone on and still played the part of the guitar player of LIMP BIZKIT, but musically I was kind of bored. If I was to continue, it would have been about the money and not about the true music, and I don't want to lie to myself, or to them or to fans of LIMP BIZKIT," Borland explained.

"I think I had a good run," he continued. "I was with that band for five or six years, we did a lot of really neat things and I had a great time. I went there and did the whole fame and money thing, and it's just not as important as making the music that I want to make. It's just time to move on for me."

LIMP BIZKIT recorded one album ? last year's moderately successful "Results May Vary" ? with Borland's replacement, Mike Smith (ex-SNOT), while Borland launched a vocalist search for EAT THE DAY, the band he had formed with his brother, guitarist/bassist Scott Borland, drummer Greg Isabelle and sound engineer Kyle Weeks. That search proved unsuccessful and Borland eventually shelved the project while moving on to other ventures. At one point, Adam Yas of Oakland, California's little known STALKING TOM was announced as the singer, only to be dropped several months later. Borland even thought about starting a new project with FILTER's Richard Patrick, but creative differences quickly led to the project's dissolution.

"Nothing against them," Wes said of the people who tried out, according to MTV.com, "but no one was right for a long-term commitment."

Ik heb niet veel op met LB.......live is het en verschrikkelijke kutband om maar niet te beginnen over Fred Durst....maar Wes Borland toverde op Significant Other en op Chocolate Starfish and the hotdog flavoured water wel de ene na de andere vette riff uit zijn gitaren.....

Lahoeda
17 augustus 2004, 20:38
Die eerste plaat vond ik vet, staan een maar strakke nummers op.
Tja wat moet je er verder over zeggen, Durst heeft zijn eigen ruiten ingegooit.
Ik kwam een tijd terug een foto van hem tegen op internet, had ie een shirtje aan van Minor Threat, op de achterkant
'I got the the Straight Edge'!.
Als Durst Edge is dan is de paus een moslim!!

Raffel
24 augustus 2004, 15:39
Borland = Limp Bizkit

Ik ga de komende plaat dus wel eens luisteren aangezien ik Borland wel om aan te horen vindt. Durst kan me echter gestolen worden.

wanna1
25 augustus 2004, 14:22
Borland = Limp Bizkit

Ik ga de komende plaat dus wel eens luisteren aangezien ik Borland wel om aan te horen vindt. Durst kan me echter gestolen worden.

+1/2e deel

durst en borland zijn een goed duo.

kunnen ze eindelijk verder gaan met rocken, daar werd het wel tijd voor.
Van chocolate starfish gaat de auto spontaan harder rijden :-D

Raffel
19 november 2004, 14:29
haha, had hem vanmorgen toevallig nog opstaan. Maar ik stoor me toch wel aan het feit dat het woord 'fuck' hun platen verkoopt (aan kwaaie tieners) Want mij is het echt om de riffs te doen. Mesa Boogie + PRS, the perfect combination :D

Daltoneus
19 november 2004, 21:40
haha daar ben ik het niet mee eens :) PRS + Mesa is een veelste strak geluid, het was een uniek geluid in de begin dagen van Limp Bizkit, maar het is nu toch wel zoo veel gebruikt door die nu-metal bandjes. :) maar smaken verschillen, ik vond vooral de 1e 2 cd's van Limp Bizkit vet, de 3e was iets minder en de laatste is wel erg slecht.

Wicked Willy
19 november 2004, 21:53
Onder het mom haal een oud topic naar boven.

Maar goed.....kan niet wachten tot de nieuwe CD, Borland is VET!!!!!!

spanky_franky
24 november 2004, 16:15
Borland en Sam Rivers zijn het enige boeiende aan heel Limp Bizkit, mooi zo dus!