PDA

View Full Version : wat te doen tegen 'pops' bij 3PDT?

Speeddemon
21 april 2004, 00:02
test

Robbert
21 april 2004, 00:03
Tiep eens ff door ;)

Speeddemon
21 april 2004, 00:04
Ik heb m'n eigen pedaal gebouwd, (die al verkocht is), een gemodifeerce DOD 250 cloon, die true bypass is dmv een blauwe 3pDT schakelaar.
Nou 'popt' ie af en toe bij het aanzetten, hier is toch iets tegen te doen?
T was iets met 'pull-down' weerstanden, maar ik weet niet meer precies hoe, wat en waar.

Kan iemand me helpen?

Robbert
21 april 2004, 00:07
De Everman Fuzz drive heeft een weerstand op de input jack (ik meen 1 M Ohm) en op de voeding een 10uF/50V condensator.

Heb je een paar keer geschakeld? Kan statische electriciteit zijn he.

bigtonemusicbrewery
21 april 2004, 01:21
The pop is caused by the LED. You probably used the negative current for the on/off. Use the positive current instead. The 250 is negatively grounded so if you wired your 3pdt switch so that the circuit is grounded when in bypass, you will need to change that.

If that doesn't work, wire a 33k resistor in series with the 4.7K resistor on the positive side of your LED with the 4.7k towards your LED and the 33K towards the source of your +9v. Then add a 220uF capacitor at the junction of the 33k and 4.7k and send that to ground.

Speeddemon
21 april 2004, 01:49
I used a 1k2 resistor for the LED btw (to make it brighter, since the 3mm yellow LEDs need a lot of juice), so do I need different values?

Also, how do I change the whole polarity then?
Just flip the battery and 9V DC wires or is there more to it?
(Btw, it's a DOD clone, mostly based on the (erratic) schematic from generalguitargadgets. I'm not sure if that's negative ground.

I know that the original DOD is differently though.

bigtonemusicbrewery
21 april 2004, 02:54
I used a 1k2 resistor for the LED btw (to make it brighter, since the 3mm yellow LEDs need a lot of juice), so do I need different values?

Also, how do I change the whole polarity then?
Just flip the battery and 9V DC wires or is there more to it?
(Btw, it's a DOD clone, mostly based on the (erratic) schematic from generalguitargadgets. I'm not sure if that's negative ground.

I know that the original DOD is differently though.

The polarity of ground is basically determined by what is connected to the sleeve of the jacks.

Flipping the battery around would be bad. You don't need to change the polarity of anything, just change which pole of the LED is being switched on and off....So if you look at the side of your 3pdt that is used for LED activation....The current that is flowing through it is negative. Positive current is always connected to the LED. Just switch it around. All you need to do is run a wire from ground (NOT directly from the negative of the battery) to the - pole of the LED and then run a wire from the + of the battery to the Pole of the 3pdt. Then connect the + of the LED to the throw of the 3pdt that used to be -. The 1.2k resistor doesn't matter, but you might burn out the LED. 4.7k is kinda the standard. But if it doesn't burn out after the first couple of hours with the 1.2k then it should be fine.