PDA

View Full Version : Ik ook een nieuwe amp: Trace Elliot buizenstack!

AntY
29 januari 2004, 21:00
voor de crash had ik t al gezegd, t is nu definitief, dit weekend ga ik deze jongen ophalen:

http://home.uva.nl/foto/VA400.JPG

sickpunk
29 januari 2004, 21:05
WOW dies doper dan mijne :D maar ik ga in mijne neon lampe bouwe:P

buuck
29 januari 2004, 21:10
en dan op de kermis gaan staan?

sickpunk
29 januari 2004, 21:14
neehoor gewoon op het podium

bert k
29 januari 2004, 21:21
Bij deze zwaar gefeliciteerd , allebei trouwens! Neonbuisjes, hihi...

Ik denk dat ik de komende tijd niet verder zal gaan dan een Peavey Microbass of zoiets :-?

AntY
29 januari 2004, 21:40
mijne heeft standaard backlight, alleen deze is stuk... maar even een kleine reparatie, moet wel koel staan op onze gig :cool:

Anavrin
30 januari 2004, 12:41
gefeliciteerd jongen, now me jealous :-(

AntY
9 februari 2004, 15:03
Ok even mijn mening over de amp en wat vragen, t is helaas in t engels, gekopieerd van talkbass.

OK, i have had it for a week now, here's my experiences with it.

-About the sound
At home i find i have to be very careful with the Tube pre. It gives you a very noisey, trebly sound. I use the GP12 more, with pre and graphic both on. Very nice sound, very low. I do notice that my D and G strings dont come through as much. I will try to EQ this right later.
Yesterday we had band practice. I used the VA400 with the Ampeg 8x10 in rehearsal room. I used same EQ setting as at home, but i turn the tube more, and it really cuts through the guitar players. Great sound, MUCH better than the SVT Solidstate amp that's there. and MUCH louder.

-phisical condition

At home,i noticed that the knob of the tweeter attenuator was broken. I can pull it, and rotate, but i can push it in and it doesnt have grip on the pot. Maybe i can change the pot completely to fix this. I need to measure up resistance too, just to be sure.
The cab is otherwise in reasonable condition. It works, and will probably keep working for 15 more years
I noticed that the amp easily overloads when im not careful: one powerful stroke and i hear it clipping immediatly... I dont know if this is normal.

The amp is better story, EVERYTHING works ok. I think i go remove some dust next weekend and check on the insides, replace the blacklight bulb.

Questions:
-Could you explane the bias story in normal English?
-To replace light and inside, i need to remove the 8 screws on the bottom side of the casing, and slide the amp section out?
-How do you EQ your amp, how much tube do you use compared to Solidstate?
-When i play at a volume to suit drummer's playing, or lower volume, is the 8/4ohm thing dangerous?

I mailed TE for a manual, but it will cost $10+shipping, cause they only have it in hardcopy. Do you still have a manual for it?

Thanx, hope this will help later for someone else

Anavrin
9 februari 2004, 15:58
ik ben laatst aan een manual gekomen door iemand te mailen, die een review op internet had gezet (ik dacht op harmony-central), die heeft 'm ingescand, en 'm gemaild. (je zou ook nog op verkoopsites kunnen zoeken naar mensen die die amp hebben)

-No Acces-
11 februari 2004, 15:41
Cool! :-D

AntY
29 februari 2004, 18:14
*bump!

nieuwe fotos!

http://community.webshots.com/user/antz0r

helaas zijn de fotos van de blacklight mislukt.

de amp zelf bevalt steeds beter!

Anavrin
4 maart 2004, 16:59
@anty, ik heb je net een Privébericht gestuurd....

basbeest
9 maart 2004, 07:49
ziet er wel ok uit heb alleen ongeloofelijke hekel aan de trace sound niets voor mij, maar ja smaken verschillen :-D Heb zelf een EBS taurus 240 met 2x10 (combo) en een losse 15 inch actieve kast van EBS 350 watt (met gaaf neon paars lampje :razz:

Bazz
9 maart 2004, 09:48
Ebs rulez!
Maar anty, zekers ook gefeliciteerd, vette amp