PDA

View Full Version : James Hetfield favorieten Lynyrd Skynyrd en Gov't Mule ????

lynyrd
11 januari 2004, 13:24
Wie kan mij daar meer over vertellen ?
:amp:
IK weet alleen dat Metallica een cover cd opgenomen heeft en daar speelde ze Tuesday's Gone op van Lynyrd Skynyrd en speelde
Gary Rossington op mee :wink:
[/b]
Lynyrd skynyrd tribute band Skinner 17/01/04 in de Trucker, Pijnacker
kijk op de website voor meer optredens 8-)
www.skinneronline.nl

lynyrd
11 januari 2004, 18:14
Grappig ook dat ie Gov’t Mule geweldig vindt :dance:

----------------------------------------

When we asked Metallica's James Hetfield for the hour's worth of music, he'd bring along the proverbial "Tour From Hell," he called from England to explain that he already was on the Highway to Hades (or was it Birmingham?), "I'd want some music that could really get me hepped up and ready for another day on the road," he said. For Hetfield, that means a lots of dueling guitars, humongous riffs and outright weirdness.

Lynyrd Skynyrd
Pronounced Leh'-nerd Skin'-erd :sssh:
(MCA, 1973)
" 'Sweet Home Alabama' was one of the first records I ever bought. Now I've got a juke-box at home and Skynyrd takes up half of it. Definitely plenty of guitars going on there. The lyrics to 'Simple Man' are really extra meaningful for me. In the middle of this huge rock and roll machine, it brings you down to earth." "TEMPORARY SAINT"

Gov't Mule
Gov't Mule :listen:
(Relativity, 1995)
"Warren Haynes just blows me away. Our accountant worked with him in the Allman Brothers, and turned me on to Gov't Mule. You listen to this song and sense there's a solo coming up, and you really hear certain shit in your head, and that's exactly what he plays! His voice is amazing as well. There's a lot of Stevie Ray and maybe some Robin Trower stuff in there. He gets a little hippy-dippy, but he definitely puts you in a trance." "THEM BONES"
www.skinneronline.nl