PDA

View Full Version : Sorry,weer ohm vraagje

Kamiess
8 oktober 2003, 22:55
Sorry hoor het zal aan mij liggen maar ik wil even uitleg.
Heb een Jcm 900 met een ohmschakelaar waar op staat (4)16 / 8.
Op mij kast staat :
4 16
mono/stereo
8 8

Hoe aan te sluiten???

andy
8 oktober 2003, 23:11
Speel je mono of stereo??? Bij mono iig 8 ohm output van de amp naar 8 ohm input van de box. En de schuif van het cab op mono zetten natuurlijk. Neus dit onderdeel van het forum anders even door, want nog niet zo lang geleden poste Roadkill een plaatje met uitleg. Zal nog niet zo ver weg gezakt zijn.

Kamiess
8 oktober 2003, 23:21
Mono>op mijn cab kan ik geval van mono uit 4 of 16 kiezen.
Nu is mij probleem dat mijn amp staat op de stand(4)16.

Kamiess
8 oktober 2003, 23:23
Het is trouwens een 50 watt die ik nu op 25 watt heb staat(high/low switch)

FNaRK
9 oktober 2003, 08:54
.1.3. Impedance Selection

"I noticed on my JCM900 model 2100 SL-X amp that it has two positions for impedance: 4(16) & 8. What does the 4(16) mean? Someone told me that in this position, it "knows" what kind of cabinet (either 4 or 16) ohms that is plugged into it. Is this incorrect?"

There is no way for the amp to "know" what impedance your cabinet is, hence the need for the switch in the first place. However, there is no one right answer to what the impedance selector should be set for, since Marshall uses two types of impedance selectors on JCM 900 tube models, depending on whether your amp is a combo or not.

According to Marshall "Guitar and Bass Amplification" catalog M0001/91/1, page 8, the impedance selector choices are 4 or 8 ohms on combo models and 8 or 16 ohms on amplifier heads.

Just to double-check, the SL-X owner's handbook verifies what's said above:

"Impedance Selector Switch - Two-way switch for matching the amplifier to speaker impedance. Amp heads feature 8 or 16 Ohm operation. Combo versions feature 4 or 8 Ohm options."

The confusion stems from the parentheses. Marshall actually labels the rear panels of the Dual Reverb and SL-X amps with one setting for "(4) 16" and one for "8". If you pay no attention to the parentheses, slide the switch to 16 if you use a 16 ohm cab, such as a single JCM 900 1960A (set in mono mode, and using the 16 ohm jack). If you have an 8 ohm cab, such as the Park G412, then slide the impedance selector to 8 ohms. Remember that when using two cabinets of the same impedance in parallel (i.e., two cabinets are "daisy chained together"), the impedance is halved. Thus two 16 ohm cabs require you to set the impedance selector on your amp to the 8 ohm position.

Kamiess
9 oktober 2003, 22:50
Dank je wel ik kom er nou wel uit>ik gebruik gewoon de 16 ohm jack.
Alhoewel ik me nog wel afvraag wat die (4) nou inhoudt.