PDA

View Full Version : Soulfly uit elkaar ???

Ditmar
22 september 2003, 11:36
Recent rumors circulating suggest that Roy Mayorga, Marcello D. Rapp and Mike Doling have all left Soulfly. Apparently the trio were having extreme difficulties working with band frontman Max Cavalera and his wife Gloria Cavalera. No official word has come down on the matter as of yet however.

www.theprp.com

t Zal me verder aan me reet roesten of ze uit elkaar zijn of niet, want het meeste wat ze deden was toch klote. t Zou daarentegen wel weer leuker zijn als Sepultura ooit weer bij elkaar zou komen, maar Max mag dat waarschijnlijk niet van die ouwe heks.

Swan
22 september 2003, 11:40
ja....tja....soulfly was toch behoorlijk crappy....hopelijk word max nu weer eens oprecht boos zodat ie goede muziek maakt zoals vroeger in sepultura

Ditmar
23 september 2003, 18:56
Yupz, Max heeft alle bandleden ontslagen....... :D

Zhou
24 september 2003, 09:21
die gast is niet dood te krijgen ;P

SOULFLY Frontman And Manager Are 'Very Loving People': New Bassist - Sep. 23, 2003

Bobby Burns (PRIMER 55, BEAUTIFUL) has confirmed via on online posting that he is currently rehearsing with SOULFLY mainman Max Cavalera as the group's temporary bassist following the sudden departure of Marcello D. Rapp, drummer Roy Mayorga, and guitarist Mike Doling. The revamped band, who are completed by guitarist Marc Rizzo (ex-ILL NINO) and drummer Joe Nunez (who played on the group's "Primitive" release and subsequent world tour), are expected to make their live debut this Thursday (September 25) at the Whiskey A-Go Go in Hollywood, California.

"Although I'm really not sure of the reasons why the other guys aren't in the band anymore, I've been friends with Max and [wife/manager] Gloria [Cavalera] for a long time now and I can't say anything bad about them," Burns writes. "Very, very nice folks, very down to earth, very loving, very caring. I just got out to [Phoenix, Arizona] yesterday [September 22] and we started rehearsing for the upcoming show and it's going great.. (the new SOULFLY songs rock ass, by the way). It makes me laugh when people think they know about someone when they don't. Max has NO ego and he's far from being stuck up. He's just very shy around people he doesn't know. That's all. He's a great guy and doesn't deserve a bad rap from anyone."

Update: SOULFLY's New (Temporary?) Lineup Revealed - Sep. 23, 2003

SOULFLY mainman Max Cavalera will be joined by guitarist Marc Rizzo (ex-ILL NINO), drummer Joe Nunez (who played on the group's "Primitive" release and subsequent world tour), and bassist Bobby Burns (ex-PRIMER 55 guitarist) at the group's live appearances in California and Arizona, scheduled to take place later this week. It is not presently clear if the trio will be named permanent replacements for recently departed bassist Marcello D. Rapp, drummer Roy Mayorga, and guitarist Mike Doling.

SOULFLY live appearances:

Sep. 25 – Whiskey A-Go Go - Hollywood, CA
Sep. 26 - La Luna/Gotham - San Bernardino, CA
Sep. 27 - Marquee Theatre - Tempe, AZ

The group's performance in Tempe will be part of the 7th annual D-Low (Dana Wells) Memorial Show, which has been held every year since Dana's (stepson of Max) death in August 1996. SOULFLY are also working on an on October 18 show on the Navajo Indian Reservation on for their yearly fair. Several thousand people are expected to attend. More information will be made available soon.

Cavalera is expected to begin pre-production for the group's fourth album this fall for a tentative mid-2004 release through Roadrunner Records.