PDA

View Full Version : My fingerstyle & percussive composition.Thoughts? :)

SotosOpeth
30 oktober 2014, 17:21
Hello everybody!
I am Sotos Bakas from Athens,Greece and I came to Holland few years ago to study music.
Excuse me for my poor Dutch,I don't speak or understand that much Dutch.
Few months ago I published my first original solo(no overdubs) acoustic guitar song and video filmed in the woods of Hilversum and though to share it with you.
I ll be really glad to know your opinions!
Bedankt for checking it out! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCYBEfjPx_U&list=UUhV3oviUil5ffGXP2_xaHGQ

guhlenn
31 oktober 2014, 11:04
Well played, nice tune. I would soften the percussive part a bit so the melody is more up-front, but that's a matter of taste.

SotosOpeth
31 oktober 2014, 13:46
Thank you for checking it brother!Glad you like it!
Sure I understand what you say,after all this was my first composition with acoustic guitar :).
Have a great day!

Harald
31 oktober 2014, 14:05
Nice! Getting the balance between the difference parts right is pretty tricky. Especially in this style of playing. A touch more emphasis on the actual melody might be worth a try.

SotosOpeth
31 oktober 2014, 14:12
Totally agree with you dude.Thanks for your time! :)

Duhsjaak
1 november 2014, 08:07
In my opinion, the delivery is better than the song. Perhaps the reason being, that you were maybe a little self conscious? Treading new ground?

I love it tho'. I would avoid slapping your thumb on the neck of your guitar. To avoid jargon: It's better for your thumb and you need all your fingers for guitar playing and other primary biological things in life.

I repeat my earlier question: What are you going to teach your teachers. If this is truly your first go at composing.
Go go go Sotos.
Make my jaw drop.
Kind regards, Gus

SotosOpeth
3 november 2014, 18:39
Thanks so much!Really appreciate that you liked my work. :)
As for teachers,I finished my master in music,I have not teachers any more :D
Have a great day man!Thanks again!

Harald
3 november 2014, 19:05
In music it's impossible to run out of teachers.

jannest
3 november 2014, 20:45

erg sig waardig maar ik heb geen zin om weer uren uit te pluizen hoe dat ookalweer moet

Duhsjaak
4 november 2014, 05:30

Unless you turn out to be a coach yourself. Nothing/no one will teach you better and quicker than you yourself, teaching some one else.

Kind regards, Gus

Harald
4 november 2014, 07:26
That's true, nevertheless, even then you'll still have a teacher ;) You will only NOT have a teacher when you stop learning. And there's always something left to learn, playing such a versatile instrument.

SotosOpeth
4 november 2014, 13:31
Harald I totally agree with you,you never stop learning from all this things that are going on around.
But I thought Duhsjaak meant my teachers from studying music in the school because I write in my post that I came here to study music but I finished my studies already,this is what I meant no teachers anymore.
Thanks for checking my work btw Harald!