PDA

View Full Version : Even een setup vraagje: JCM900 en twee cabinets...?

Phyrexian
10 juli 2003, 12:39
Hi there,

onze gitarist speelt over mijn ouwe Marshall JCM900 4100 (100 watt, Hi Gain Dual Reverb). De cabinet is een Marshall JCM900 1960A 4x12. De standaard shit. Nu denk ik er aan een cabinet te kopen, een 1960B 4x12.

Voorlopig wil ik die dus in ons repetitiekot zetten, zodat onze guitarman deze cab kan gebruiken samen met z'n halfstack.

Hoe sluit je nu zo'n twee cabinets nu aan?
Ik weet dat de JCM900 twee speakeruitgangen heeft. Daarnaast is er die switch om hem op (4)16 of 8 Ohm te zetten. Waarop moet deze switch?
About the cabinets, die hebben normaal ook een schakelaartje, waarop moet die staan? Moet ik de cabinets parallel (twee kabels uit de head, naar elk één cab) aansluiten of in serie?

Thanks in advance...

Bart

V!N
10 juli 2003, 12:46
Hoe lang is je geheugenspan ?

http://www.gitaarnet.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17659&sid=b954f089b8798270289eff770a7bc78b

Phyrexian
10 juli 2003, 13:10
tja marshall is zo slecht in z'n aanduidingen op de amps dat het er allemaal niet duidelijker op wordt. (ze zouden beter es een voorbeeld nemen aan ENGL op dat vlak).

als de amp de 4ohm mode staat, dan moeten de de cabinets elke 8 Ohm zijn, dat lijkt me logisch dus? ja?

Guinness
10 juli 2003, 13:22
De Cabs van marshall zijn 16 Ohm. Sluit je er twee aan dan wordt de weerstand gehalveerd, dus zet je de versterker op 8 Ohm.

De aanduiding 16(4) wilt zeggen dat de aansluiting 16 Ohm is en als je 4 Ohm wilt krijgen dat dat een interne modificatie is. MAw je moet de versterker openschroeven en wat draadjes omsolderen.

Die uitgang is dus altijd 16 Ohm standaard.

Guinness
10 juli 2003, 13:25
JCM900 Impedance Selection
One visitor writes: "I noticed on my 2100 SLX that it has two positions for impedance: 4(16) & 8. What does the 4(16) mean? Someone told me that in this position, it "knows" what kind of cabinet (either 4 or 16) ohms that is plugged into it. Is this incorrect?"

There is no way for the amp to "know" what impedance your cabinet is, hence the need for the switch in the first place. However, there is no one right answer to what the impedance selector should be set for, since Marshall uses two types of impedance selectors on JCM 900 tube models, depending on whether your amp is a combo or not.

According to Marshall "Guitar and Bass Amplification" catalog M0001/91/1, page 8, the impedance selector choices are 4 or 8 ohms on combo models and 8 or 16 ohms on amplifier heads.

Just to double-check, the SL-X owner's handbook verifies what's said above:

"Impedance Selector Switch - Two-way switch for matching the amplifier to speaker impedance. Amp heads feature 8 or 16 Ohm operation. Combo versions feature 4 or 8 Ohm options."

The confusion stems from the use of parenthesis. Marshall actually labels the rear panels of the Dual Reverb and SL-X amps with one setting for "(4) 16" and one for "8". If you pay no attention to the parenthesis, slide the switch to 16 if you use a 16 ohm cab, such as a single JCM 900 1960A (set in mono mode, and using the 16 ohm jack). If you have an 8 ohm cab, such as the Park G412, then slide the impedance selector to 8 ohms. Remember that when using two cabinets of the same impedance in parallel (i.e., two cabinets are "daisy chained together"), the impedance is halved. Thus two 16 ohm cabs require you to set the impedance selector on your amp to the 8 ohm position.

Phyrexian
10 juli 2003, 15:11
Thanks dit verklaart alles!