PDA

View Full Version : Ghost in my shell - original blues song on slide guitar moaning about work

CarsickPhil
12 augustus 2012, 10:59
Dear all

I've just made a song on slide guitar and harmonica in which I moan about work and would welcome feedback: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNHTFLTdAIg

I tried giving it a raw feel with just one guitar track, one voice/harmonica track and one percussion track. I also had a go at singing in a higher register than usual following feedback on earlier attempts. Please offer your frank opinions on whether these developments work and where to concentrate my efforts next.

If you would like me to comment on one of your songs, then please point me towards the relevant post.

Cheers

Phil

bass blom
12 augustus 2012, 11:36
hmm, sloppy timing?

Duhsjaak
14 augustus 2012, 22:09
Hi again,
I have listened intently to your moan. I would have called it a lament. But perhaps you would care to describe the difference between the two?

As to your post: I love the simplicity of the music. I love the graphics even more.

I think you bring to light, what we've all been struggeling with. If we/you continue to work more and more every month, we, in effect, lower our fee per hour.

I love it. Your music that is.

Again, you asked us to direct you to other posts where 'sounds' or gigs are involved.

You have entered your music in the subsection 'Sounds' which is full of it.

If you want a bit of help with the Dutch entries here, please ask for help from your love. If you just want to reflect on the entries posted here, go right ahead.

Don't worry; we can read what you want to say anyway.

We've been at war for 80 years, England and the Netherlands. That's so long ago, I have the feeling that that is not going to happen again.

For what it's worth: You have a distinctive voice of your own. On this forum anyway. I hope you feel free to tackle more things about society you are critical about.

As Curtis Mayfield would have said: Keep on keepin' on!
Kind regards, Gus