PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm new here.

verhoevenc
22 februari 2010, 20:14
Hi guys. My name is Chris Verhoeven, and despite the very Dutch sounding last name, I don't actually speak Dutch. However, I do now live in the Netherlands (Rotterdam) and figured if I'm here I might as well join the other Dutch luthiers on Gitaarnet.nl.
So, a little about myself. I've been building for several years now. I've also been friends with one of your members on here (Mattia Valente) for quite awhile. We work together in his shop every now and then while I'm not working on my master's degree at Erasmus RSM.
For those that would like to see my guitar builds, you can check out my website. Sorry, it's only a beta version right now on a free host, so there are some pop-ups. http://mux.ueuo.com/
Also, for those guys that are also builders, you may already know me if you search youtube for building videos. I have some top carving, scarf jointing, and wood binding 'how-to' videos up on youtube. For those that wish to see them, I'll post them in my forum signature when I figure out how hahahah.
If you've got any questions, feel free to ask 'um. I like to think I'm a relatively friendly guy! :ok:
Sorry again about the Enlgish!
Chris

Zatar
23 februari 2010, 00:57
Hi chris! Welcome! If I'm not mistaken you are on tdpri or mimf as well, right? Love your videos btw! Too bad I haven't got a car yet because else I'd shure pay a visit to actually see you work on something real ;) (want to learn guitar building myself, just don't really know how to get started... drawing necks etc drives me insane at the moment -so does the weather-)

P.S. got any tips on drawing a prs neck? :soinnocent:

lindstrom
23 februari 2010, 09:22
Hi Chris! welcome!

You are not the only dutch sounding name on earth that doensnt speak any dutch,. take Chris Vermeulen for instance,.. MotoGP driver from New Zealand is one of em.

verhoevenc
23 februari 2010, 10:03
Yeah, but I actually AM Dutch (well... half) so I SHOULD speak some lol. The NZ guy's got an excuse lol. But in my defense I grew up in southeast Asia, which isn't exactly a breeding ground of Dutch-speakers. hahaha.
Zatar, unless you've been on the MIMF for a little over half a decade then you probably haven't seen me over there. I joined the MIMF early on but quit very soon after. I'm most active of projectguitar and the OLF.
As for watching me work. Sadly, my workshop is in the United States. I'm a shopless man over here. Well... that's not a total lie, like I said I work with Mattia from on here in his shop. But that's only on rare occasion and he's quite far away from Rotterdam as well, but still well worth the travels!
I wish I had a shop in Rotterdam!!! lol
As for PRS necks, send me a private-message, I can help you out if I know exactly what aspects are holding you up.
Chris

Zatar
26 februari 2010, 12:33
Yes I remember now! You wrote the tutorial on how to make wooden pickup rings, right?! Reeeeal nice!!! Want them on the PRS model :rockon:
About that neck, I'm taking some pictures and making some drawings to add to the PM. I'll send it later this afternoon :)

/edit: btw a real nice site you got there. The contact section isn't working yet though ;)

verhoevenc
26 februari 2010, 13:37
Yeah, it's still not bug free that site. Hence why it's still a "beta" I'm stillw orking on some of the design elements and coding. That and I don't really feel like paying for a site while I can't even build! :dontgeti:
Yeah, the wooden pickup rings with all power tools tutorial was mine as well. I've got a bunch of helpful build things hidden all over the internet from videos, to tutorials, to a full eBook on how to build a guitar with MINIMAL tools in a dorm room! lol
Chris

Zatar
27 februari 2010, 20:12
full ebook??? :crazyhappy:

Btw: still have to send the pm, my camera seems to be 'lent' to my girlfriend at the moment ;)