PDA

View Full Version : HELP! SH-1 '59 humbuckers zoomen heel erg !

putje
17 maart 2003, 17:07
Sorry voor het engels !

I'm not happy.>:(

My standard pickups(dont know which brand) on my Les Paul legend guitar sound really fat, great for metal and hardrock, but feedback becomes a problem at high volumes and sound can become blurry at high speed metal.

equipment:
2 pickups and 3way switch
GT6 effects processor
JCM900 dual reverb Marshall
(I'm using the effects chain of the GT6-4wire method)

So I thought I buy humbuckers, as they would reduce the noise far better and give a brighter/sharper (and hopefully as warm) sound.
I bought the SH-1 '59 4 cond. humb. soldered it and checked twice with multimeter for correct wiring and earth connections.
I used figure 2: standard humbucking operation for 4 conductor wiring and 3 way switch.

BUT, I have and enormous zoom when using metal distortion of the GT6 it's even worse then my original pickups.
(Clean sounds ok though)

With direct connection to the marshall's B(=distortion) channel, pre-amp set to 8, sounds terribly sharp and not even a bit heavy, also with a lot of zoom coming from my guitar.

Please help me out !
Should use a different connection scheme ?

putje
17 maart 2003, 17:08
By the way, ik heb het dus over Seymour Duncan humbuckers

Negative K3 fan
17 maart 2003, 18:13
heb je misschien de verkeerde draadjes gesoldeerd? gezien eht feit dat het een 4 kabelig exemplaar is.

@iro
17 maart 2003, 18:28
ik heb nu net het zelfde voor met m'n tele :sad: en dat is met een hotrail

putje
17 maart 2003, 19:47
qwa bedrading kun je weinig verkeerd doen:
wit en rood aan elkaar en tapen
groen is aarde
zwart is signaal

Ik vind het heel raar dat mijn waarschijnlijk goedkope pickups het veel beter doen.

Clean is het probleem minimaal