PDA

View Full Version : Deep Purple mk.III Reunion

artnaz
21 januari 2009, 22:46
Er zijn wat geruchten hierover, dus hier graag alle nieuwe informatie posten hierover. Mocht het zover komen, is dat het beste nieuws voor mij (familie-zaken uitgezonderd) van mijn bewuste (dus ongeveer vanaf 14 jaar) leven! :)

Maar Lord brengt helaas niet echt goed nieuws, maar hij sluit het ook niet uit.

====================================

Former DEEP PURPLE keyboardist Jon Lord has commented on rumors of a possible reunion of the DEEP PURPLE Mk III lineup featuring a special guest appearance by METALLICA drummer Lars Ulrich.

In separate interviews for February edition of Classic Rock magazine (issue No.128), David Coverdale (vocals), Glenn Hughes (bass, vocals) and Jon Lord have all indicated that they would be up for playing together again, and all parties have recently been in contact with Ritchie Blackmore (guitar).

Seeing as the only block to the band reforming could be Ian Paice — who, as a member of the current PURPLE, would probably find it difficult and uncomfortable to get involved — it has been suggested that Lars Ulrich could step in on a temporary basis and handle the drum duties on a proposed reunion tour.

"I know there's talk about the fact that if they got Coverdale, Hughes, Lord and Blackmore together, they would have four members who aren't in the current DEEP PURPLE — then they just need a drummer. I'll volunteer myself for that," Lars — a hardcore PURPLE fan who was fortunate enough to see PURPLE Mk III at the band's first show, at the KB Hallen in Copenhagen in 1973 — told Classic Rock. "If they need a drummer, David Coverdale has my number."

Writing on his official web site, JonLord.org, Jon Lord commented on the Classic Rock report by saying, "It all seems like a lot of hot air and wild speculation to me.

"I like Lars and what he has achieved with METALLICA. He's obviously always been very complimentary in his comments about DEEP PURPLE, and I love the story of his famous nine-years-old 'baptism of fire' at our '73 concert in The KB Halle in Copenhagen, but if I was asked to be involved in a 'Mark III' reunion — (which, by the way, I haven't. All I ever said was that the idea had a few good points and a few not-so-good points.) — and I indeed considered that offer, I would not be able to even imagine it without the presence of Ian Paice.

"By the way — I have NOT retired!"

Fan-filmed video footage of Lars Ulrich performing the DEEP PURPLE classic "Smoke on the Water" with Ian Gillan during the PURPLE frontman's solo gig on September 11, 2006 at Slim's in San Francisco can be viewed below.

TimmU
22 januari 2009, 10:51
beste nieuws ever ? met die broodpoot van een ulrich op drums? daar word je toch een partij misselijk van !

pannekoek
22 januari 2009, 19:00
beste nieuws ever ? met die broodpoot van een ulrich op drums? daar word je toch een partij misselijk van !

nou, mocht je kaartjes winnen ooit? geef ze dan maar aan mij :D

heavy-metal-thunder
22 januari 2009, 21:42
ik heb ze gezien in 1986, in dé line up. Was toch wel hét concert voor mij. Recent hebben Purple al dikwijls in mijn buurt opgetreden, maar met Steve Morse interesseert het me niet. Deep Purple is met Blackmore. Blackmore is trouwens de gitarist die me tot gitaarspelen heeft bewogen.

JohnLord
23 januari 2009, 11:08
Ik had het niet beter kunnen zeggen, geldt ook voor mij!

Jimwoud
23 januari 2009, 15:57
Vond coverdale niet zoveel bij purple, alleen burn, stormbringer en mistreated zijn ok. Ga liever naar een concert met de huidige opstelling. Hoewel ik blackmore wel nog een keer live wil zien. En Steve Morse is voor mij wel de beste opvolger van Blackmore, hij heeft zeker leven in de brouwerij gebracht, en vind z'n stijl super.