PDA

View Full Version : Crucible fuzz

dacrow
22 november 2008, 14:27
I just bought a second hand crucible fuzz after I tested 5 different fuzz pedals.
I found this one the sweetest fuzz that is also clearly audiable.

When I brought it back home and put it in my pedalboard it sound, terribble , the fuzz was maximum and you couldn't adjust it!
When I plugged it directly in my guitar-amp it sounded beautiful :)

At first I thought it was a switching volting supply problem, but I found out that when I put it in front of my pedalchain, directly in the guitar it works fine.
I guess it's an impedance thing, but how can I solve it?
I mean how can I use it directly in my pedalchain?

(Sorry voor het Engels, maar dit was de mail die ik naar de maker van het pedaal stuurde, dit was zijn antwoord:)

Glad you like the sound of the Crucible Fuzz.

While the Crucible Fuzzes are not as sensitive to input impedance as the original Fuzz Face they are inspired by, they are affected.

This is the first time I've heard of the pedal sounding "terrible." Usually the fuzz increases a moderate amount, which people like anyway.

To be honest, I don't know what you can do to get it to work at the end of your existing pedal chain. The most common configuration for fuzzboxes is early in the signal chain.

If you use pedals with electronic switching (Boss, DOD, Line 6, Yamaha, Maxon, etc.), each one of them contains a buffer circuit that is in your signal path even when the effect is disengaged. Using pedals with true bypass/non-electronic switching may help.

Good luck,
Erik Miller
Euthymia Electronics

Het is inderdaad een vette Fuzz maar ik vind het zo lullig om em als eerste in mijn pedalboard te zetten want dan moet ik het hele ding weer ombouwen :)
Ik zoek eigenlijk naar een juist antwoord, ik bedoel het moet iets impedantiegewijs zijn niet??

Een gitaar heeft een uitgangsimpedantie van 3 to 10 k• bij lage frequenties and 100 to 500 k• bij 10 kHz, als nu de Crucible Fuzz achter een Boss pedaaltje staat met ongeveer 1Kohm uitgangsimpedantie dan is deze waarschijnlijk te laag als ingang voor de Fuzz??

Nielsje
22 november 2008, 14:31
Je moet een fuzz als eerste in je pedal-keten zetten. Fuzzjes zijn nogal gevoelig voor buffers.

Mitch
22 november 2008, 15:22
Je hebt je vraag zelf al goed beantwoord.

dacrow
28 november 2008, 18:39
Heb em dan maar als eerste in mijn pedalchain geplaatst :)
én hij klinkt heerlijk als solopedaal in combinatie met een blues driver , vééééééééél dynamiek en sustain ...