PDA

View Full Version : Bassist - Limburg

kilokiak
17 oktober 2008, 09:55
Goedendag Ik ben Elliot. Ik kom uit Engeland.
Ik woon in sittard, limburg

I'm sorry, that is the extent of my dutch at the moment. I am looking to join an established band, for the style of music I am open to many things. I am mostly a Rock music player, I would not be able to play in a Jazz band for example.

I have several years gigging experience and I have my own transportation available. I would be looking for something within Limburg if possible.

kilokiak@gmail.com

Thanks
Ell

Ps. and required is someone with the patience to not mind my language problems - I will learn but it will take time!

Raguil
21 oktober 2008, 14:40
Hi,

I know this is a dutch forum but I guess anwsering in english is for your side a bit easier :)

I live in Urmond thats like 5 km away from Sittard and planning to start a band. Yet I dont play guitar that long.

I dont know where you're looking for exacly. Like age ans stuff. I am 18 myself so...

Hope to hear from you soon.:rockon:

S9koen1F
21 oktober 2008, 21:15
Hey,
Ik ben Koen en kom ook uit Sittard, Limburg.
Ik ben 16jr heb al wat ervaring.
Een tijd lang seriues gespeeld met een andere gitarist maar steeds op zoek naar andere bandleden. (nu zijn we gestopt)
Maar ik ben weer op zoek!
Ik speel Gitaar en sinds een tijdje ook Bas.
Ik weet dat ik geen band ben maar met zijn 2en is al meer als 1.
Als je interssen hebt e-mail mischien eens.
Koentju_91@hotmail.com

-Gr Koen-

English
hey,
I'm koen and I'm from Sittard, limburg too.
I'm 16 years old, and have some experience.
I've played with another guy serious for a while but we were always searching for other band member. (we quit now)
But im looking for some people again!
I play guitar and for a while bass too.
I know I'm not a band, but 2 is more than 1.
Maybe you're intressed e-mail me then :).
Koentju_91@hormail.com

Koen.

kilokiak
23 oktober 2008, 22:22
Hey,
Thanks for the responses guys I'll email you both so we can chat about it.
And sorry for everybody else for crashing the dutchness of the forum. My dutch lessons do not start properly yet, it seems a long haul. I'll lurk around here in the background - maybe i'll be joining in - in a few months :)
I did manage to meet some guys practicing in Sittard already but I'm trying to keep my options open and find the right project - maybe have several small ones for the time being.

Ideally I'd like to join an already established band with the aim to fit in quickly, learn material- perhaps a pop/rock covers band for some evening work if theres anything going. On the other hand I'm quite up for meeting new musicians in the area and doing some playing also.

But I'd also love to do something more progressive in terms of origionals, not technical for the sake of being technical but something interesting. I love bands along the lines of Threshold, or Ayreon, Freak Kitchen. :)

Maybe worth putting a bit more about me. I'm 21 years of age, I've been playing bass seriously for about 5-6 years as a main instrument (gigging for 4-5), some guitar before that as a young boy. I have experience with home studio recording, playing to a click etc. No big studio or tour (more than a few 3 or 4 gigs on the go) work. I'm less concerned about the style of music than the quality of the band in general (for a covers band) and the origionality and feeling (of an origionals band).

My band history in England was in order of how recent (not counting little projects):

- a country rock covers -blues 3 piece (Fleetwood Mac, John Fogerty etc. ) didn't gig that often.
- 80s rock/metal band origionals mainly + some covers (Guns n Roses, Bon Jovi, - gigged fairly regular.)
- Metal band origionals mainly + covers (Metallica, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest) - gigged fairly often locally
- Doom Metal - ala Crowbar, did a few gigs but this was on guitar so maybe not so relevent.

Equipment wise:
I tend to favour active modern style basses into a dirty Ampeg style amps, 4x10 cabs but I'm usually quite flexible with my approach. I have some equipment in the UK still but most of that will not be coming over here for the sake of weight.
My main bass is Peavey Fury 6 string which I've retrofitted a set of bartolini pickups and 18v preamp into (sounds sweet!). I have that one here because it is probably the most versatile.
I'll probably bring in my Ampeg SVP-Cl preamp but the power amps and cabs will depend what I find out here when it comes to gig time. (I'm not going to buy something until I can see decent gigs on the horizon).