PDA

View Full Version : KOCH Multitone

Earplayer
12 augustus 2008, 20:08
Hi there!

First - sorry for writing english here... :D

You have a great forum here! :strat:

I want to add a Koch Multitone II to my collection (i already have two Koch Combos a Twintone II and a Studiotone)...

... so my question would be which cabinet would be the best in your opinion? I know Koch suggests the TS212 with the Jensen VG12-90 in it... but maybe someone has already tested a few cabs with the Kochs.

I was thinking about a mixed 212 with V30 and G12H 30 Heritage or maybe two G12H30 Heritage? ...or maybe the Koch-cab really fits like a glove...?

Guitars would be Fender 60s Relic and a Gibson LP 58 VOS. Music played - from Knopfler/Clapton/Hendrix/SRV/Deep Purple/GNR/Van Halen - so basically Blues and Classic Rock.

Thanks a bunch guys and gals! :)
Rock on!!!

Tom

BrianMay
12 augustus 2008, 21:48
Hi there, welcome to the messageboard!

Judging by the music you like, I would suggest to take a look at a cab with Celestion GM25 Greenbacks. Especially if you want that roaring, fuzzy distorted sound Clapton had with Cream. That's pure speaker distortion coming from those Greenbacks which creates the fuzzy kinda sound, because Eric's amp was turned up full. The Greenbacks would also work for Van Halen.

Hope this is helpful.

PS:You have good taste in music ;)

zjanke
12 augustus 2008, 21:56
I tried some good old G12M20's (Chris' private stash) next to G12H30 heritage with my new amp last saturday. The 20's were a little smoother and for classic rock I think I would prefer 30's...

As it remains a matter of taste, I would suggest you visit jukebox in Boekel and test their fabulous collection (if you live in the netherlands :D)

Earplayer
13 augustus 2008, 08:55
thanks! :noob:

well, i donīt live in the netherlands - testing cabs is a bit hard at the moment... but maybe i can check out a few cabs when i have my multitone.

i also considered the greenback... the v30īs are not my speaker anyway but itīs tough because with v30īs it depends a lot on the cab - the orange or a bogner with v30īs sounds great for example...

i was told that koch had vintage 30 in their amps a few years ago before they worked with jensen.
the jensen in the twintone sounds a bit dark and harsh at the same time - hard to describe.

i donīt know maybe i will go for the koch-cab but it would be great to hear some additional suggestions or personal experiences with koch-amps and different cabs in general.

thank you!

:rockon:
tom