PDA

View Full Version : Thomas - Danish guy

ganga
11 augustus 2008, 14:04
Hello everyone.

I recently moved to Holland so I'm always looking to meet some different musicians and to figure out where everything is happening. :)

I was told to register here (and on basgitaarforum.nl) by Wishbone, since it's a great spot for information and networking with musicians.

I'll make sure to post in the right places when I figure out what to ask. At the moment I'm just looking for jam sessions (anything) in the Amsterdam area. But so far I haven't been lucky enough to find anything.

If you have any questions about me, my gear or my experience as a musician (even if you need a bassplayer!) just let me know. :)

- Thomas

iron maarten
11 augustus 2008, 21:01
hello hello

and welcome on the dutch guitar forum.
He says hello too:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylItNtfNzOE

Bmweber
11 augustus 2008, 21:30
welcome here :)

well ofcourse we are curious to your gear, so plz tell us

'66 special
11 augustus 2008, 21:34
Velkommen!

WillemdaGuide
12 augustus 2008, 09:30
Hi Thomas,
Welcome on the Forum.
I don't live near Amsterdam so can't help you with that but I'm sure some others here might.
enjoy!

ganga
14 augustus 2008, 17:40
welcome here :)

well ofcourse we are curious to your gear, so plz tell us

At the moment all I have with me is my bass. It's a 5 stringed Fender Jazz bass which I have installed new pickups and a new preamp in. Pickups are from Nordstrand (jazz replacement pickups) and the preamp is Aguilar OBP3.

I recently sold my amp in Denmark which consisted of a Aguilar DB750 with a DB410 cab.

Right now I'm looking for a new headphone amp so I can practice by myself. I don't think I will be getting a new amp until I find someone to play with here in Holland. :) But I'm thinking of a cheaper brand (Hartke) instead of investing in a new highlevel amp like Aguilar again.

ganga
14 augustus 2008, 17:41
Velkommen!

Impressive Danish skills! Dank je wel. ;)

Dekkz0r
15 augustus 2008, 10:34
Hello everyone.

I'll make sure to post in the right places when I figure out what to ask. At the moment I'm just looking for jam sessions (anything) in the Amsterdam
- Thomas

Hi Thomas and Welcome.

These ppl are looking for band members in amsterdam (http://www.gitaarnet.nl/forum/showthread.php?t=112467)

ganga
15 augustus 2008, 12:45
I should probably add that I did attend the royal conservatory of music in Denmark. I'm looking for people on my own level to play with. :)

Possibly some Soul/Funk partyband or something like that. I used to play this in Denmark along with fusion and jazz.

Let me know if you want to try me out or want some music I have played on.

Bassbitch
15 augustus 2008, 13:11
Welcome Thomas. I'd like to inform you that this is a Dutch forum and you will have to speak Dutch here. I understand that this might be a problem for you in the beginning, but please try.

ganga
15 augustus 2008, 13:18
Welcome Thomas. I'd like to inform you that this is a Dutch forum and you will have to speak Dutch here. I understand that this might be a problem for you in the beginning, but please try.

Very well. I will return once I have taken some dutch course in the future. Thank you for informing me about this. :)

Bassbitch
15 augustus 2008, 13:27
Great, thanks for understanding. I hope to see you again soon.