PDA

View Full Version : versterkers opblazen

iwamoto
20 november 2007, 11:33
mischien een rare vraag, ik las in de biografie van dat hij in het begin nogal eens versterkers opblies, maar hoe gaat dat in zn werk?

dat het signaal te zwaar is en de zekeringen doorbranden? of dat de speaker door het volume de trillingen niet meer aan kan en scheurt?

danku!

artnaz
20 november 2007, 11:36
Als iedereen nou eens wist wie je met "hij" bedoelt was het vast iets makkelijker geweest... :satisfie:

iwamoto
20 november 2007, 11:40
oh haha, van jimmi hendrix, dat was dus ergens rond de 60's gok ik

Joey Handsome
20 november 2007, 11:42
Dat was toch ook met Dick Dale, die teste toch Fender amps? Zal toch waarschijnlijk gewoon geweest zijn dat de speakers het niet hesen.

bass blom
20 november 2007, 11:44
als je een amp vol open hebt en vet staat te raggen en de speakers gaan, dan duurt het niet lang of de amp is ook dood.

artnaz
20 november 2007, 11:52
Blackmore had bij de California Jam '74 dynamiet laten plaatsen... :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aQ9P4qi8uo

G.G.
20 november 2007, 12:21
Blackmore had bij de California Jam '74 dynamiet laten plaatsen... :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aQ9P4qi8uo

Kolere... ben de tel kwijt, maar er zijn daar echt teveel strats naar de eeuwige jachtvelden vertrokken.

iwamoto
20 november 2007, 12:57
strats EN amps, echt vreselijk om te zien

Joey Handsome
20 november 2007, 12:58
Vreselijk omdat ie het op zo'n suffe manier doet. Dan kijk ik liever naar hoe Kurt Cobain de tent afbreekt.

JohnLord
20 november 2007, 13:24
Ik kijk heel graag naar Blackmore, maar dit doet pijn aan je ogen!

artnaz
20 november 2007, 14:45
Het is wel leuker als je weet wat er precies aan de hand was.

Before it fell apart, as you say, the band did manage to turn in a pretty legendary performance at the Cal Jam concert. And yet you seemed rather angry that night (Ritchie destroyed a guitar, amplifier, and television camera).
The main reason I was uptight that particular night was because the people were behind the second wire fence. The first fence, this was this enclosure, especially for the press, which made me very tight because they can go backstage or they can go anywhere they want. And they don’t really want to hear half the bands. Yet the kids that paid $15 that night were about 200 yards away. I complained all day. I just bitched to the agent, my agent. I said, “They’ve got to at least let like 500 people in to mingle with the press to get some atmosphere. Those kids have paid to get in and they’re behind the second wire fence rather than being where they should be. The press should be behind the second wire fence. They’re really not that interested anyway.” All right, so the press had their job to do and they should have their special pass. But it’s so big it could have held about a million press, this particular enclosure. It was so big. And I thought, that’s disgusting. And then the cameras being in the way.

So smashing the camera was a part of your original stage show plan?
No, that was more or less to keep him out the way. After that, he gave up moving about his camera, kept out of my way, and people could see more of what was going on.

You almost really hit that cameraman who was on stage.
Well, I was after another person who was in the organization, but he didn’t show up. I was looking for him. He was the guy that threatened to kill me because I wouldn’t go on. I wouldn’t go on until they got these kids in.

Was it also because you wouldn’t play until sundown?
Yeah, that was in our contract, that we were going on at 7 o’clock, I think. And it was about a quarter past six. And I really wasn’t ready; none of my guitars were in tune. I had no clothes to wear. They were back at the hotel, I’d left them. And I thought, “Well, we’re in no hurry to go onstage because we’ve ¾ of an hour yet.” Then I was told if I’m not on the stage in 30 seconds, the whole show would be canceled. And I said, “Well, you fuck off.” There’s lawyers fighting and managers fighting; it was quite funny.
Later ging Blackmore overigens goedkope Strats met een fabrieksfout of iets dergelijks breken als standaard in de show.

peter_heijnen
20 november 2007, 14:56
Ik kijk heel graag naar Blackmore, maar die doet pijn aan je ogen.
Haha, en vooral als je JohnLord heet, lijkt me. :)

artnaz
20 november 2007, 15:33
Haha, en vooral als je JohnLord heet, lijkt me. :)En helemaal als je JoHHHHHn Lord heet... :D

JohnLord
20 november 2007, 16:12
sorry mannen/vrouwen, ik heb de tikfout gecorrigeerd.

peter_heijnen
20 november 2007, 16:16
Te laat, je staat al in mijn sig!

JohnLord
20 november 2007, 16:20
Ik kan er zelf trouwens best om lachen en bovendien is het geen straf om in je sig te staan.